Hello!

FireMonkey
FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 53, have just launched my children, and now want to do something for myself. For most of my life I've worked round-the-clock shifts but I've finally managed to get into a regular day job which helps a lot with meal planning and exercise. I've been practicing karate in our community club for the last four years; another year or two to go for my black belt. Six months ago I've joined the Taoist Tai Chi Association. Clearly, I prefer the social aspect of exercising. I even talk to my dog when I'm walking him - gets me some funny looks but nobody bothers me :wink: Of course it might help that he's 100lb+

My greatest weakness is sweets. I've never met a chocolate I didn't like. With this program, I can still get my chocolate, in moderation. I'm also learning to like rabbit food but it's a slow journey. Fortunately during the summer there are many fruit and veggies to choose from.

Replies

• pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    welcome!!!

Fruit is a great way to substitute the sweets! fruit chopped up with redi whip (low cal) and maybe a little chocolate sauce is fabulous!!!
    And I still eat my chocolate...just save it for the weekends, when I'm not counting.

good luck!!!!
    Cindy:heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement! I know I can do this; I quit smoking 20 years ago. It took about seven attempts but I finally made it stick.
  • trooper71
    trooper71 Posts: 15
    Hi there,

I LOVE CHOCOLATE as well. I go to Costco any buy a bag of assorted chocolate squares. Serving size is 8 squares of chocolate. So, what I do is spread out the 8 squares during the week when I need a chocolate fix. The cal. for the 8 squares is 200 which isn't bad at all if you spread out the serving size. I usually eat 2 squares every other day to satisfy my craving. It's works & I don't feel guilty. :-) Good Luck Love!

Chrissy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,165 Member
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so here are no surprises.

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.

This site has changed my life. I wish the same for you.:flowerforyou:
  • trooper71
    trooper71 Posts: 15
    Thanks for the advice :smile:

Chrissy
This discussion has been closed.