Should I do P90X Classic or Lean?

Options
2»

Replies

• bashthefash
    Options
    P90X (classic) is great, but I found it was not enough cardio. Cardio is the key for burning fat! Insanity (which I have not done, but…)is probably better for losing pounds. Strength training is a tool to build muscle that eventually gets your body to burn more calories. A combination is fantastic, but lean towards more cardio.

The circuit training nature of the reistance days is what burns the fat. The cardio is just there to get your heart into shape.

I think this is why I am leaning on doing the classic and add in extra cardio.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I just started the Lean version of P90x Sat 4/21/2012 and am hoping to lose 30 pounds of fat and put on some muscle. I reccomend it because Yes cardio burns fat and youll burn fat doing the work outs but you'll build muscle which will contiue to burn fat when u are not working out. :) Feel free to add me as a friend so we can motivate each other as we go thru this together. :)
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Classic without a doubt. Tony Horton himself would tell you the same.

You can lose weight doing P90X. I have and so have others.

Classic is the way to go!!

Everyone says its designed to build muscle, but that's not the case. It's designed to get you ripped and it does that by shedding fat. The women I know that do P90X, all look athletic, not muscle bound by any means.

Agree - have lost 60 pounds total with this program using Classic and classic doubles. You can add in a second round of cardio daily if needed which makes it Doubles.