Jon & Kate + 8 Big Annoucement This Mon 1 Hr Special

Options
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPFAKR9SNj8

I guess they're getting divorced. :ohwell: So sad. Very sad for the kids.

Replies

• Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    totally agree. it's the kids that hurt- adults can move on- in most cases.
  • strongandfit
    strongandfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Totally sad to see this family unravel in front of our eyes. :cry: The season opener where Jon and Alexis were talking/hugging about how much she missed him and told her Dad not to leave again.
    I cry everytime they show that part.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    It used to be cute, and about showcasing what it's like to live with 8 young kids, but I don't even enjoy the episodes anymore- they're all big and "done up." They seem to always involve visits from famous people (Emril, the Chopper guys) or a trip to somewhere famous. To me, and I was the biggest Jon and Kate fan, the show has lost it's charm, and has a totally different focus. So sad. :ohwell:
  • njenn10
    njenn10 Posts: 16
    Options
    It is SO sad that this is happening. I cant even imagine how hard it is going to be with the 8 kids. We'll I guess we'll see how it ends up turning out?!? :-/
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey

I have a hunch they've called it quits for a while now, maybe just making the official announcement Monday
    I'm sad for the kids...sooo sad to see their marriage fall apart on TV
    Regardless of the show, how could their lives NOT be stressful and completely exhausting/draining with 8 kids (and 6 being the same age!)

Kim
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Yeah it is sad. I remember I use to love watching the show. Now not so much to see them not even sit on the sofa interviewing together. Old shows were so cute ( except the parts where she's always yelling at him). My fav of all will always be the one where he took the boys golfing and she made Monkey Munch with the girls. So innocent and loving. Now it's like watching Jon's and Kate's body language and how much they don't love each other. Sad how they came to this in such a short time.

( by the way, I tried making Monkey Munch one time after I first saw that episode - powder sugar was all over my kitchen!!:noway: )
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I agree. When they were an average family doing normal activities it was more interesting. I haven't watched the new season at all. It's not enjoyable to watch a family that is struggling with their marriage and shows that feature famous people.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I feel bad for the kids. With that said, I think these parents are pathetic. You know they practically pimp their family/kids on tv. All these people sponsor these people like they are roll models or something. Now all the fame and fortune, alleged fooling around, they are gonna get divorced. Wow, great family values. What I'm supposed to feel bad for them? Two stubborn, self-centered, fools. Shame on our society for reality shows like this.
  • rr_collins
    Options
    I sure hope they have tried all options, including counceling, for the sake of the children. Its not an abusive relationship, unless you consider Kate verbaly abusive, so why not try all options before calling it quits. Who knows, maybe they have... I do feel for the children and realy hope Jon is involved in their lives as much as he should be.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for the kids. With that said, I think these parents are pathetic. You know they practically pimp their family/kids on tv. All these people sponsor these people like they are roll models or something. Now all the fame and fortune, alleged fooling around, they are gonna get divorced. Wow, great family values. What I'm supposed to feel bad for them? Two stubborn, self-centered, fools. Shame on our society for reality shows like this.

well said. couldn't agree more. I won't watch that show, it's too disturbing.
  • Teachmisskim
    Teachmisskim Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think they're trying to get us to believe that they are getting a divorce but I really think it's something completely random and stupid! Yes, we all want them to separate but I honestly don't think it's going to happen. If anything, I think they will tell us that Jon is no longer going to be on the show, so then all we have to look at is her YUCK!
  • HawaiianEyes
    Options
    I have to agree with xsargex. If what everyone here speculates to be true, then they are proving themselves to be a couple of selfish idiots who deserve all the public scorn and ridicule they get.

Any counselor worth their salt will advise them to take these steps in this order:
    1 - Quit doing the show & all the attention whoring that goes along with it
    2 - Exhaust all options in order to keep the family unit together
    3 - Consider getting a divorce
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    that lady is crazy.. wanting more kids even though her husband didn't then dumping them on the husband while she goes out on book tours and plays affair.
  • xsargex
    Options
    i honestly think their marriage is nobody's f'n business. But because they have no problem airing their dirty laundry on tv, its a no wonder that viewers of this show get so involved. Its a-typical voyeurism obsession. Disgusting.
  • xsargex
    Options
    that lady is crazy.. wanting more kids even though her husband didn't then dumping them on the husband while she goes out on book tours and plays affair.

i agree with ya brutha. Its like that mom (i use that term looselyy) out in california that had like 500 kids or whatever. There were rumors that some tv producers were going to give her a show. Like there's a great idea...lets make an industry and exploit the most amazing creation; child birth. Media *kitten*, in the worst way.

EDIT: Notice.... Jon & Kate ONE HOUR SPECIAL. Whew, rake in those ratings and watch the corporate sponorship-money come rolling in. Meanwhile you got 8 kids gonna live their lives with divorced parents.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just jumping back in to say that....
    I really really don't get the obsession with these people or their kids
    I watched the show maybe last year and hot bored.....I know it's a TV show and all about making money but it does seem even more wrong TLC is making a big deal over this big announcement on Monday purely for ratings....YUCK

That being said, just trying to take a step back and not be toooo judgmental
    I don't think when Kate and John decided to have another baby they intended on having 6 more children....that was a decision none of us were part of....so it doesn't feel right to say it was Kate's idea and John was 100% against more children
    It also takes 2 to tango, so let's not put alll the blame on Kate for this one

Also, what would any of us do trying to financially provide for 8 kids.....
    I don't think they are 'bad' parents for initially deciding to do the show to help support their children...I think things just got ugly and wayyyy out of hand....
    I think it's time though to pull the pug for pete's sake

SAD
    Kim
  • strongandfit
    Options
    When she was pregnant with the 6, he got laid off. They had no income coming in. Then, after the kids were born, TLC offered them the show. What would you choose? Extreme poverty and anxiety not knowing how to provide for your family of 10 plus mounting medical bills or take the show. I wouldn't judge someone for making that decision in order to survive the way they did. That being said, I do think it was time to stop doing the show once they're on their feet. Tough though since it became their only source of income. Anyway, you look at it, it's sad how the two of them became bitter and not better. That's not being good role models for their children. Especially when both sets of grandparents chose not to be in the grandkids' lives ( with the exception of his late father) and now, she's estranged from her brother/sister in law. You add on to that, the two of them possibly separating/divorcing, already a loveless marriage. All this adds up to the kids having no strong family values in their lives. Except the 8 of them will be very very close. Thank goodness for that. All in all, a real challenge for them. Couldn't people like Dr. Phil step in and snap some sense into them or something. Heck, he had them on the show once and told them what to do in terms of nanny situation. Sad for this family or any family going through breakup. :ohwell: :sad: :cry:
  • xsargex
    Options
    I've never watched an entire episode of the show. I did catch the American Chopper version where they built the guy a bike. I saw their house and their life style.... yeah, really struggling?? You know, maybe initally, you gotta do what you gotta do. Obviously the fame and lifestyle got the best of them.
    So yeah, I would say they are guilty of making some bad decisions along the way. The reality is, there are plenty of people out there with just as many kids, making an honest living, that didn't have their own reality show.

What they do with their life is their business. But with kids involved and smearing their lives all over tv.... I don't mind forming my own opinion. Maybe they deserve some scrutiny and learn a lesson from it. Maybe other people will take a little more responsibility in decision making when it comes to forming a family and having children. I just think its sad that people glamorize this show and hang on every episode. Just seems to exhasberate the patheticness of this show.

I agree I'm all about people making money and making a business. But this really draws the line between whats morally/ethically right and exploitation of children.