Leave someone to help them (lose weight)?

Options
Let's say someone leaves you, and that's it, you've had it, that's the motivation it takes, and you join MFP and lose, 50 lbs, or whatever, you bring sexy back, and they come back and say "hi, i had to leave you, because i knew if i stayed you wouldn't lose weight but WOW now look at you! Aren't you glad we broke up?"

how would you feel about that?

Now would you do that to someone? If your SO was just packing on the lbs, and you're just like, please honey, let's go walking tonight, let's go to the gym, let's (gtfo) of the house! and they're just like.... naw, (BLANK) is on.... and i ordered a pizza..... can you grab me another beer?........ Would you ever get to the point where you're like, you know, i can't force them to work out, i can't force them to lose weight, only way they will change is if i leave and they'll either sink or swim, they'll either lose the weight or rot on the couch forever and i don't want to rot next them, i can't watch them do this to their self.... I..... I have to go, that's the only way........... would you do that?

Replies

• loseweightjames
    Options
    oh, (lose weight) is in () because really it could be anything. Drugs, alcohol, video games, laziness, p0rn..... anything that's addicting, anything someone might do waaaaay too much of to the point that it becomes unhealthy.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    YOu should have sex with her and then leave her.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why would I assume that me leaving would be the thing that would turn their life around?
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    its called tough love, -Ty
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You know we can see your name next to your post, right?
  • ashmarie484
    ashmarie484 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    YOu should have sex with her and then leave her.
    [/quote

^^^ I agree with this...shes a B**ch!!!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    She sounds like a shallow *****, I was 20lbs heavier when I met my boyfriend and I lost weight for myself while he continued to eat a little more (he was skinner when I met him). One day I sat him down and said, listen I need you to support me not sabatoge me and btw it would benefit you too if you jumped on the wagon with me. He did and we've never been happier. We cook together, go hiking, play raquetball, go to the gym. Tons of stuff. Would I leave him if he chunked up HELL NO, would I maybe take the bag of chips away....yeah. But I'd expect the same from him. With that being said you deserve better. Tell her thanks for not sticking around because she was apparently bringing you down in the first place. And find someone who will care for you no matter what
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    You know we can see your name next to your post, right?
    BUSTED!!!!!!