Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Over the counter weight loss products

stiles17445
stiles17445 Posts: 6
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, I have tried a bunch of these and have not found any that really work? Has anyone out there had any success at all and if so, what product was it. Thanks Lynne

Replies

• I don't know which ones do work, but I heard that they had to take Hydroxycut off the market because it's so bad for your body. If you do end up buying one, make sure to research it VERY WELL. Most of the time if you type the brand into google along with reviews you can find out a lot about the drug from people who have already tried it.
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    I have taken just about every over the counter diet pill/weight loss supplement ever made. Slim-Quick, Cytolean, Anoretix, Stackers, Stacker 2, Stacker 3, Hydroxycut, Slimquick for Women, Lipo 6, and a whole bunch of others. I would diet and exercise while taking them, then I'd lose a whole bunch of weight. But it all comes back. Always. Every time. Do NOT take diet pills. Ever. Period. They are unhealthy. They can damage your heart. They can trash your metabolism. They alter your sleep patterns. They make you feel miserable. You can become addicted. Your hair WILL fall out (that happened to me and my friend. She ended up wearing a wig for a year).

I know that you don't want to hear this, but the only way to lose weight and keep it off is good old-fashioned diet and exercise. If they had made a pill that could make you instantly skinny, don't you think everyone would be taking it?

Don't do it. Be healthy. Be safe. Change your lifestyle so you can maintain your weight loss. But DON'T mess around with diet pills.
  • rbeglen
    rbeglen Posts: 37
    That's great advice. Pills are so bad for you. It is better to lose weight naturally. If you do feel the need to use a supplement try protein shakes, or even FDA approved ALLI. Your body really doesn't need these but they are much better than pills. Take care of yourself!!
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    don't do it. Pills have NO part in a lifestyle change.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    you don't need em. go alllllllllllll natural with diet and exercise. You'll see results, with no negative side effects :flowerforyou:
  • That is what I thought too. Thanks so much for the support. This is the greatest site. I have finally found people in the same boat. Thanks again, Lynne
This discussion has been closed.