Working mom - I could use support

Options
I could use some friends for help on my weight loss and exercise goals. It'd be great to get to know some people with the same issues - super busy lives, growing kids who eat constantly (boys are 11 and 7), and a well-meaning husband who unwittingly derails my attempts at portion control. I'm looking for tips on avoiding munchies, exercise inspiration, and staying sane while juggling work, home, and self.

Replies

• JanetRussek
    Options
    I didn't get to finish my reply - Sorry.

Snacks?
    1 medium bananna or any other fruit
    various raw veggies - a little dip (try a little lite Italian dressing)
    pretzels
    lite jello

Just stay away from all that sugar loaded stuff - And, anything fried (It's only a special treat once in a while around our house).
    Broiled or grilled meats are best.

What really seems to work for me is - fresh veggies sauteed in olive oil. YUP, IT'S TRUE. You can also sautee your veggies in chicken broth.

Drink lots of water!
  • pixelish
    pixelish Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks, Janet. I roast a lot of veggies in olive oil - I adore it! I like the idea of using chicken stock. I've never tried that before but will have to now.
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me always looking for people to motivate and to be motivated!
  • wonderbugmc7
    Options
    I too am new to MFP; I work full time and have 3 growing teenagers and hubbie at home. My job is a desk job and I know that has contributed to my weight gain. I know that now is the right time for me to be successful because my mind is made up that I am going to GET HEALTHY!! I woke up early and took a 2 mile walk before work and packed a veggie packed salad for lunch! Sugary stuff is my weakness, but I am going to learn to have and enjoy every bite once a week!! (That's my goal!!) Good luck and if you know how to add me as a "friend" I'd be glad to help add support along this journey!!
  • Lesann46
    Lesann46 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, add me if you like, I've recently joined and would love to chat. I've got 3 young kids and a husband who loves food so I know what you're dealing with :smile:
  • pixelish
    pixelish Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks to everyone! It is wonderful to feel so supported. :)