I want my MTV......(back!)

Options
2»

Replies

• tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I remember when MTV debuted but we didn't have cable so no MTV for me so I never got hooked, then I got old and it got stupid.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I watched it the first day it came out. I rememember it all. We used to watch for hours.

Oh, Simon Le Bon, how I miss seeing you crawl around the jungle singing "Hungry Like the Wolf".
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I lived for Ricky Rackman and the Headbangers Ball!!!!! Never missed it
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I don't remember back that far to when MTV started as I was just a baby...however, through the 90's I loved my music videos. In Canada we had MuchMusic... Now though both stations play nothing but stupid shows....
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    MTV now stands for Maternity TV, not music...

Sad. I really REALLY would LOVE to have music videos/music based shows (Say What Karaoke, anyone?)
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Pat Benatar, The Police, Dire Straits. I used to love watching videos for hours on end after school. Now all they have is pregnant teenagers and those idiots from Jersey Shore! Pathetic!
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I remember thinking at the time that MTV and CNN 24 hour news was the greatest advents of my generation. now I feel that MTV and the 24 hour news cycle are the bane of modern existence. Curse you double edged sword that is life!!!

of course dinosaurs don't roam the earth like when I was a kid either anymore .... the world changes and moves on. :tongue:
  • tlynnclemmons
    tlynnclemmons Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    oh yeah - Headbangers Ball - that's how we spent our saturday nights! 12 of us sitting around in front of a TV thinking we were the coolest things on earth with our Bon Jovi hair listening to them sing Runaway - oh and Whitesnake - they were my fave!!!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Video Killed the Radio Star.

I remember the debut video - I watched it. I remember when they actually played nothing but music videos and had VJs.
    You beat me to it, and Pat Benatar was the second video.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I remember when MTV actually had music videos on it.

*sigh*

Those were the days.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Wubbawubbawubba, goodbye and God bless!

Headbangers' Ball and Ricky Rackman, flipping between Friday Night Videos and MTV; all good stuff.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Video Killed the Radio Star.

I remember the debut video - I watched it. I remember when they actually played nothing but music videos and had VJs.
    You beat me to it, and Pat Benatar was the second video.

i remember that..pat benatar was the first female MTV played
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I never missed 120 minutes with Downtown Julie Brown!!!!!

Also liked YO! MTV raps!!

Ed Lover Dance!!!!