Hello I'm new.

Options
I just started this on Friday the 20th. I recently became single after 23yrs. I have stopped smoking as well. Looking to start a new and better life for myself and the kids. This is the first time I have ever dieted. I don't have a clue what to do. I'm coming in under my calorie count. Oh and walking as well. Need support and NEW friends that are doing same as I am(diet). Thanks everybody!!!

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking and working on getting healthy! Sounds like you are off to a great start!
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on quitting smoking. Feel free to add me to keep you motivated
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    U can feel free to add me! Look forward to keeping u motivated God bless!
  • dbOregon
    dbOregon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your healthy decisions! I've learned a lot about healthier lfestyles from reading Prevention and Cooking Light magazines. Also, just looking at the nutrition values on our site has been an eye-opener for me.

Feel free to add me as a friend on the site.

Kind regards,
    Deb
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and congratulations! I am also a former smoker, I quit (cold turkey) in Sept '10 after 15-ish years. It gets easier and easier every day.

Take a lot of the forum information with a grain of salt, there are soooo many different ideas and opinions being flung around. Do your own research if you can and the main thing is to just try to make healthy choices and do what's best for you. We're all here for motivation and support.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    @mbajrami I quit cold turkey as well. Been a few days past a month now. I am doing research as well about what is right for me. It is good to know others have gone b4 me with same issues. Hope that doesn't sound bad. :)
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Hello, welcome
  • abbysd
    abbysd Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello and welcome. This is also my first time doing this. I know it will get better with the support
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking and deciding to get healthy! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    @mbajrami I quit cold turkey as well. Been a few days past a month now. I am doing research as well about what is right for me. It is good to know others have gone b4 me with same issues. Hope that doesn't sound bad. :)

Not bad at all, it's easier when you know someone else has not only GONE through it, but GOTTEN through it. :-)
  • Tresa100
    Tresa100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new too and stopped smoking 5 years ago. Congrats on that. Welcome and I wish you the best.
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Not bad at all, it's easier when you know someone else has not only GONE through it, but GOTTEN through it. :-)

I quit cold turkey 22 years ago and am still smoke free! Welcome & best of luck to you!