Should you cut calories if sleep in late

Options
I was wondering if I should reduce my calories since I slept in late this morning. My mornings already gone. Normally my 1200 calories last from 6 am to 10 pm, but it's already 11 am here and I am just about t eat my first meal.

Replies

• rbeglen
    rbeglen Posts: 37
    Options
    That's a great question...I have the same problem...Do you stay up extra late though?
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That's a great question...I have the same problem...Do you stay up extra late though?

Yeah I was up til 3 in the morning tossing and turning
  • rbeglen
    rbeglen Posts: 37
    Options
    I don't think you should cut your calories for just one day of this routine. If you are just sleeping in late then just adjust your meals for later times in the day. I'm not sure that you should cut your calories just because you slept in. Does anyone else know anything about this?
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I agree- I just adjust. Actually, I try to sleep in because I figure it's better if it's noon and I'm not hungry because I just had breakfast than if it's 8am and I just had breakfast. Of course, by the end of the day it's all evened out :wink: Just my opinion...
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    no. your body still needs and uses fuel while you're sleeping, so it wouldn't make sense to omit that time from your day. Just eat larger meals and throw in a few snacks.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    no. your body still needs and uses fuel while you're sleeping, so it wouldn't make sense to omit that time from your day. Just eat larger meals and throw in a few snacks.
    Yepper-- you still burn calories while you're sleeping-- your body still needs 'em--

Bravo, my good Kerri-- who looks fabulous, by the way-- :happy: