Veggie Recipes

Options
I'm not a vegetarian, but my gf is close - she's ok with chicken stock (so long as there's no meat) and seafood. But, we eat a LOT of veggies. I've always been a bit of a "purest" when it comes to cooking veggies, I don't mix much with my veggies. But, would love to experiment with some new veggie recipes. It would be great for this forum to be a clearing house for veggie recipes (especially since they're lower in calories!). Share your recipes!

I can share a recipe that I use on both Collard Greens and Bok Choy (which is incredibly good for you):

Keep in mind that you really can't mess this up. For the Collard greens: In a big pan (I use a deep frying pan) pour enough low cal chicken stock to cover the greens once they're dropped in. Add to it a tablespoon of olive oil & butter (we use Land O' Lakes butter made with Olive Oil), salt, pepper and a smidge of spicy pepper like crushed red pepper or chili powder. Bring to a boil. Then add the collard leaves cut down to 2"-6" pieces (I use a pair of kitchen shears to make it go fast). Then cook until tender. When they're done add about 10 shakes of red wine vinegar (this is the secret to goodness). Then serve. REALLY easy, REALLY good.

For the Bok Choy (if it's a big one) I cut it straight across in 2" - 3" wide slices and really the only difference is I don't put in the spicy pepper and I replace the red wine vinegar with a tablespoon or so of sesame oil. Also very tasty!

Also, we eat a lot of quinoa and instead of cooking it with water, we use chicken stock. You can do the same with rice too.

Any ideas?