What's your biggest health/weigh loss tip?

I have collected many different facts and thoughts in my journey...care to share a few more? Best of luck to all. :)

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Log everything you eat. period.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Exercise!! Regularly and intensely.
  • Don't just log everything you eat. You also need to log whatever you do for exercise. If you hit a plateau, you can go back and see what you have been doing and research how to change it up, to get things moving again.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Exercise, exercise, exercise...nothing else works for me!
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    "Write before you bite" Log everything!!!!!
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Do what works best for you, try to enjoy and educate yourself on this jourmey.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Patience and persistence. It's not about how much you can do in one day, it's what you can do over a long period of time.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    My best advice is "Hang in there, it will keep you from hanging "out"!
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    do some sort of excercise, whenever, whereever! It all counts. I park farther from the mall, when I am downstairs I go all the way upstairs to use that bathroom and vice versa. Whenever I use the bathroom, at home or at work, I do 5 squats and 5 lunges. I try to fit it in whenever I can get a minute. It really has helped. Stand on one leg to brush your teeth, do some fast feet for a few minutes when waiting. Absolutely anything you can think of!!
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Change is key!

Changing it up will help you not to plateu! Change up your workouts, change up your foods, change your calorie intake daily! (Calorie cycling) I've lost 68lbs this way. Hope this helps!

Good luck on your fitness journey!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Pick heavy things up, put them back down.

Repeat.

No other single aspect of fitness makes such a huge difference in bodyfat when combined with a healthy diet (and sometimes, even if not combined).
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    I would say your mindset is your biggest barrier... Without changing this you wont see effective or long lasting changes :)
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Dont eat sugar or anything that contains high amounts of sugar. Replace these foods with fruit and veg, wholegrains etc.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Drink lots of water, and drop the diet soda habit.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Track, everything that passes your lips!

Weigh, and measure everything that goes on your plate!

get your daily liquids in.

Exercise

Don't get hung up on "diet", but change to healthy {Just because something is labeled low fat or diet , does not necessarily mean healthy}

and look to this journey as a lifestyle change and not a diet
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Lift HEAVY weights & stop thinking that you'll look like a female Arnold if you lift 20lbs. or more.
  • mrscarrey
    mrscarrey Posts: 47 Member
    Ditch as much processed food as possible.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Get adequate protein.
    1g of protein per pound pf lean body mass
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Cutting out ALL soda, including diet, has been the single most significant thing I've done. I lost 20lbs after I did that doing little else.

After that, my advice is to lift, and lift fairly heavy. I have definitely made more weight loss progress on months I lifted versus months I didn't.
  • Set clear goals and re-evaluate them regularly. I have exercise and weight goals both to be me engaged and motivated.