Burned 1644 calories with new Polar FT4

Options
My first time using my HRM and first time at gym in 2 weeks, so I just done pure cardio, 1 hr 45 mins, got a bit carried away lol 1644 calories burned :)

Replies

• Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My hubby just got me one at the base a Polar FT7 and can't wait to set it up and try it!!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My first time using my HRM and first time at gym in 2 weeks, so I just done pure cardio, 1 hr 45 mins, got a bit carried away lol 1644 calories burned :)

Sounds like you just earned a big treat!

I love my long runs on Sunday - it means a guilt free 1000 cal breakfast with calories to spare!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You've got me really excited now!!! I just ordered the Polar FT 4, and got an email today that it should be delivered on Friday!!! Woohoooo!!! Can't wait to try it out!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love wearing mine skiing. I can easily burn 2,000 calories. Alas, it never equals a half a pound weight loss, but it feels good none the less.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I ordered one last week. Should be getting it any day now. I'm totally looking forward to swim season with it, since it's waterproof too!! I am assuming it was easy to set up??
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love wearing mine skiing. I can easily burn 2,000 calories. Alas, it never equals a half a pound weight loss, but it feels good none the less.

I lost 2lb in gym but I wait till tomorrow morning to confirm weight has I'm having a pizza tonight. Only about 650 cals though.
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My FT4 Will be here today! grrrr Im anxious.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I love mine!! It's really easy to set up and use. Awesome to know exactly how hard I'm working. I notice that my HR doesn't get quite as high, quite as fast. I feel like I'm working just as hard!! Doubt I'd notice that for a long time w/out the monitor. Guess I'm getting fitter :bigsmile:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    NICELY DONE!!

Yeah I love watching my calorie burn on my Polar. I keep my view on heart rate though otherwise I think I'd check calorie burned too often and therefore throwing off my workout.
  • incendia3
    incendia3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lol this makes me angry. Bought a Polar HRM (not sure which model right now) and all of a sudden it is registering my starting heart rate in the 30s and only gets up to the 70s at the most intense part of my workout.. So bummed and jealous of your calories burned! Awesome job.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to know...what type of cardio are you doing???
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Oh cool!! Now I am less worried about getting one for my birthday in June!! Yay!

And fab burn!! Well done!! :)
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar, but I've never gotten that high of a burn...great job!
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i love mine!! best workout tool i have ever bought!
  • shrinkingsuccess
    Options
    From what site did you order the polar FT4 from?
  • BlueBaron37
    Options
    lol this makes me angry. Bought a Polar HRM (not sure which model right now) and all of a sudden it is registering my starting heart rate in the 30s and only gets up to the 70s at the most intense part of my workout.. So bummed and jealous of your calories burned! Awesome job.
    Yours is broken no one has a 30 bpm heartbeat not even marathon runners. And 70 max that's normal for most people potteri g round the home. Get it replaced from the shop your bought it or Polar.
  • BlueBaron37
    Options
    I'm dying to know...what type of cardio are you doing???

I ldone Tread Mill, then breifly on the cross train the horizontal.bike.
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey Blue, would you say that MFP has accurate calorie burn rates compared to your heart rate monitor? I'm curious as I'm looking to get one and see if what I log using MFP database matches my HR!

:glasses:
  • BlueBaron37
    Options
    Hey Blue, would you say that MFP has accurate calorie burn rates compared to your heart rate monitor? I'm curious as I'm looking to get one and see if what I log using MFP database matches my HR!

:glasses:

Thats a good point it did cross my mind. I was going to take it a work to see how many calories I burn there too.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited, my polar hr montior the ft4f should be here tomorrow, on my birfday!

I am going swimming too if it comes In the morning, the whole reason I bought it was to track hr in the pool.