SAHM Looking For MFP Friends

Options
I am so tired of my constant struggle with weight loss. I am home all day with my daughter (11 months old) and when one thing happens that stresses me out I turn to food.

Before becoming a mom I lost 70 pounds on Weight Watchers, was in a size 6/8 and looked and felt better than I ever had before in my life. I am finding it extremely difficult to lose the last 25 pounds of the 70 pounds I gained during my pregnancy with my daughter. I beat myself up constantly and have lost (and gained) the same 20 pounds 3 times within the past several months.

I have tried fad diets, shakes, etc. and know that the true key to weight loss (for me, at least) is healthy eating/portion control and exercising.

Before becoming a mom I also worked all day every day outside of the home. The cupboards weren't calling my name and I wasn't able to get up and drive to the store for a "treat." Fortunately I will be working again in the next few months, so hopefully that will help with my binge eating, too.

I just need some friends for support here on MFP. I feel so unhappy with myself and don't have a lot of friends in "real life" or at least friends that struggle with weight. I want to lose weight to feel better about myself and also to get into my skinny wardrobe I left behind when I got pregnant. I just feel gross right now and think I've hit my all-time low and I'm ready to pick myself back up and make myself feel better.

Please feel free to add me if you're in a similar boat!

Replies

• letmysoulfly
    letmysoulfly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been a SAHM for over 10 years. Still home with them now that we are homeschooling. :)

Anyone can feel free to add me, too. Looking for all the support I can get on this journey.
  • Mommagoose4
    Mommagoose4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I too am a SAHM of 4 kids. Now 1 is in school full days every day. One is in school full days every other day & 2 are home.
    I too am struggling with the weight I have gained over the last 10 yrs.
    I will be sure to send a friend add your way!

WELCOME TO MFP
  • JillianSawyer
    JillianSawyer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks both of you! :) I am starting tomorrow and hoping to make a really good effort. Can't wait to cheer you both on! :)
  • karenzaphyr
    Options
    I am a SAHM as well. Feel free to add me. Good Luck on your journey!