Tough Mudder

Options
Has anyone had any experience doing the Tough Mudder events? (toughmudder.com)

My Husband wants us to make a team and sign up together...am a bit nervous its going to be a bit hard core for me and wondered if anyone has had any experience?

Replies

• DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    Never done it, but there was one recently down on Phillip Island! Some people I know went in it. Lots and lots of queues waiting for each drill, and Im not sure they expected to be doing so much standing around!
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    apparently they are holding one in Brisbane next year which would be great if i can get fit enough!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, they're lots of fun! Is your hubby terribly competitive?
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, they're lots of fun! Is your hubby terribly competitive?

he can be...but he wouldnt get stressed at me if i was slowing him down :smile:
  • hostrander37
    hostrander37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just completed my 1st Tough Mudder this weekend in PA with my husband and 13 other people... it was awesome. I started doing mud runs last year with the Warrior Dash and the Zombie run for your lives. Great starter races, as they are only 3-4 miles. Look on active.com and find out what races are close to you BUT just DO IT!!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    They're not timed, so it's all about completing the obstacles. If you can't complete one, you go around and move on to the next. I want to do one next year, but my kids look at me funny when I try and maneuver the monkey bars at the playground lol