Chock Full of Beans Chili

Options
JDHINAZ
JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
Easy, Fast, Yummy, and doesn't taste like diet food.

1 T Olive Oil
2 Cans Stewed Tomatoes diced
2 -15 oz cans Red Kidney Beans
2 -15 oz cans Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
2 -15 oz cans Pinto Beans
1 T each Chili Powder, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper
1 oz Vinegar

1 serving is 1 1/4 cup. Makes around 6 servings.

Dump it all in a pot and heat it up. We usually add some onion and whatever spices we feel like.

Nutritional break down is
366 - cal
6 grams fat
1 gram sat fat
67 g carbs
18 g fiber
17 g protein

This keeps several days in the fridge and is a great thing to keep on hand for fast easy meals. I've added it to the food database. Hope you like it.
J

Replies

• jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    you must have read my mind! i was just skimming thru bean recipes on allrecipes.com. my wallet is on a diet this summer too, so i wanted to make something from what i have in the house and i have all these ingredients!!! going to make this tonite.
    THANKS!
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe too but I first stir fry a red onion, spanish onion, garlic and a box of mushrooms then add all the beans and tinned tomatoes and herbs. Keep it in fridge and eat from containers for lunch (just zap it before eating) full of goodness :happy:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    you must have read my mind! i was just skimming thru bean recipes on allrecipes.com. my wallet is on a diet this summer too, so i wanted to make something from what i have in the house and i have all these ingredients!!! going to make this tonite.
    THANKS!

If you're broke, buy dried beans in bulk. Let them soak overnight. Usually dried beans cost the same as canned, but when you soak them they expand 2-3x, so you end up getting much more for your money.