Plateau please help???

Options
How do you move past a plateau? I've been stuck 4 weeks?

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Reevaluate what you are doing, make sure you are eating enough calories, and exercising enough. Change up your exercise routine to challenge your body a little more and most of all just power through. Your body is testing to make sure that you are going to continue this process, don't give up now by any means just make sure you are doing everything right and then the weight will follow.

:flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    are you losing inches?

I've been stuck for 3 weeks, going on four. last week, though, showed i'd lost an inch around the waist. i forgot to measure today for inches, i'll be doing so tomorrow morning.

it sucks, though, overall. :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Change up your exercise routine. Your body adapts to everything, and you gotta shake things up sometimes. :smile:
  • murjes81
    murjes81 Posts: 4
    Options
    How do you move past a plateau? I've been stuck 4 weeks?
    I've been able to to get past mine by by increasing my calories, I,ve also changed up my exercise routine. At lest for me sometimes it feels that if I stay under th calories recomended I'm doing myself a favor, but the body starts storing food if it feels you are not giving it enough and it makes you stop losing.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    make sure you are eating 5 - 6 small meals a day.....it may help
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    The reason you are stuck is because your body has adapted to what you are doing. You need to zig zag your calories if you want to start losing again.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

This link has a Zig Zag Calorie calculator (calorie cycle)...it's works...last week of May I was stuck at 203 for 10 days. I look and I was eating 1500 calories a day. Body said. Oh, this is what I'm going to get then I'll slow down and just get use to it. I zig zagged it with a 1000 calorie up swing and now I am down to about 190 lbs. Basically you eat the same amount of weekly calories but in different amounts each day, some days more, some less. Body says, hey, I don't know what to expect so I'm going to keep working here. Give it a try and drop me a line in a few weeks when you're skinner.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The reason you are stuck is because your body has adapted to what you are doing. You need to zig zag your calories if you want to start losing again.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

This link has a Zig Zag Calorie calculator (calorie cycle)...it's works...last week of May I was stuck at 203 for 10 days. I look and I was eating 1500 calories a day. Body said. Oh, this is what I'm going to get then I'll slow down and just get use to it. I zig zagged it with a 1000 calorie up swing and now I am down to about 190 lbs. Basically you eat the same amount of weekly calories but in different amounts each day, some days more, some less. Body says, hey, I don't know what to expect so I'm going to keep working here. Give it a try and drop me a line in a few weeks when you're skinner.

I was just looking at that site and doing some reasearch on the web, and it seems zig-zagging is an effective way to keep the body guessing. :smile:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Laddyboy - How do you adjust (or do you adjust?) your exercise to your zig-zagging? I tried this plan (stuck for a month now) and it drove me crazy trying to figure out when I should exercise, when I should strength train vs. cardio. It seemed like my high calorie days were my cardio days, but then the net calories still balanced out from day to day. What do you do? Thanks!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Laddyboy - How do you adjust (or do you adjust?) your exercise to your zig-zagging? I tried this plan (stuck for a month now) and it drove me crazy trying to figure out when I should exercise, when I should strength train vs. cardio. It seemed like my high calorie days were my cardio days, but then the net calories still balanced out from day to day. What do you do? Thanks!

With the zig zag calculator below you can put in daily exercise and it will calculate how many calories you should take in per day. Know this, It will use your weekly calorie amount and just mix it up during the week. You eat the same amount of calories just different amounts on different days. Keeps the body guessing.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I agree with the zig zag concept. I have never eaten the same # cals two days in a row!!!
    Also...for those of you who can see inches gone, who cares about the scale?? honestly!:smile:
    Cindy:heart: