Switching from WW to MFP...looking for buddies

Options
kolie518
kolie518 Posts: 23 Member
I've been on Weight Watchers for about 4 months now and have lost 16 lbs so far, but have decided to make the switch to MFP because it just makes more sense to me to count the actual calories, fat, and proteins in food rather than calculate a points total, not to mention it will save me a little money. I'd love to make some new friends and hear from any of you that have switched from WW.

Replies

• beanerific518
    Options
    I started on WW too! I lost 90 pounds using the WW system. After testing out over a week comparing WW and MFP, I found that my calorie total was pretty darned close to my points total. I decided to leave WW for two reasons:

1. I think WW is limited on the input of good fats and good carbs vs. sugar.

2. The mobile apps of WW were slow and difficult to use. I love the MFP mobile app - much easier to track on the go.

I am glad that I am not the only one to make the switch. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage eachother!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I was never on WW but feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Yay! And welcome:) I am an ex ww person as well :)
  • kmkilmartin
    Options
    I have dabbled with WW here and there but after a friends suggestion decided to give this a go! One's cheering sections can never be too big!
  • saynotofat
    Options
    Hi there! I've been a WW lifetime member since 1993. Wanted to lose 10 lbs. that have slowly crept back over and over again. Was going to join online and realized that WW doesn't acknowledge lifetime members online. I could use their etools for $14.95 per month! That's when I found this site and I love it!!!! Success stories, motivation, friends, what more could you ask for — and it's free!:love:
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I too was on WW. I even hit my goal and became lifetime...then I put back all my weight:(. I went back to WW but I never felt like it was right for me. This really works for me, I use my smart phone app and log my calories all day. This has really been very easy, plus I do not have the expense of WW meeting or online membership. Add me to your friend list if you would like. I am so glad that I made the switch.
  • dianardeez
    dianardeez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • jbova88
    jbova88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP on Monday for the exact same reason! Feel free to add me !!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I lost 65 lbs total on ww. The new plan wasn't for me so I switched to mfp and love it. I'm thankful for the old ww plan though for giving me the knowledge and tools that I now use with calorie counting. I even incorporate weekly bonus cals :)

Good luck!
  • hopefulfolk
    Options
    Just left WW myself, feeling a bit defeated because I always felt hungry on that plan. Looking for a better way and appreciate reading that others are happy with their decision to switch too.
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have done WW a few times, but never with much success. It never felt right to me. I joined MFP on Sunday and I instantly felt a connection with the site and its functions. Add me if you would like. Can never have too big of a support system!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Left WW to come here too. I like knowing the calories of items instead of the points, so i know how much i can eat, how much is healthy etc.

Feel free to add me!
  • VanGroovyBear
    Options
    I have also swapped from WW. I found their online program to limited and with this program, I gain a better understanding of the actual value of the foods I am eating. I just started this week and am also looking for buddies! Let's connect :)
  • Gloria415
    Gloria415 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I switched from WW as well. Being diabetic I felt I couldn't really calculate everything the right way. I really like MFP. Add me if you like.
  • flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was on WW as well. I lost nearly 30 lbs a few years ago, gained it back after having 2 more kids. Joined again, but after our family made some big dietary changes. Been trying WW for the last few months again, and it's not working out.

"Re-joined" MFP just last week and already lost 2lbs. It makes more sense for me and how I cook for our family. Feel free to add me!
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Am a lifetime member of WW. However using MFP is much easier. I joined Mar. 31, 2012. Add me aa a friend if you want to.
  • kolie518
    kolie518 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses! It's good to know I'm not the only one making the switch :)