just started MFP and the 30Day Shred!!

Options
My name is Katy, I am 5'2 and weigh 200lbs. My long-term goal weight is 150, BUT I am a firm believer in listening to what the mirror says instead of the scale. Although I must say, hitting the 200lb mark was definitely my motivation! Today is my third day and I have been doing fairly well with keeping up with my calories, making sure I enter food into the diary, and doing Jillians 30Ds everyday. I have full desire to complete this shred, along with building healthy eating habits for a long time to come. I do have some questions about the shred though...
Many say they lose inches more than they do actual pounds.. So what else should I incorporate into my daily habits to promote loss in pounds?
I plan on bike riding least an hour..5days a week. Starting next Monday when I get my bike.
My short term goal is to lose about 15-20lbs by may 25th... It seems kind of drastic to me, it would be a lil over 2lbs a week. I would be completely comfortable with 10-15lbs by the 25th of may..but, I would much rather loose closer to 20lbs..
Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated!
Also, Any before/after pictures of your 30DS would be encouraging, thanks!

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i didn't take before after pics from the 30 day shred because i also was running while i did it. the reason you lose more inches than pounds is that you will gain firmer muscles while you do the workout. your body will look great and you will feel improvements in your strength and cardio abilities- that is more important than the number on the scale.

if all you want is to lose wieght and be skinny fat i would recommend a ton of cardio. but check this out before you decide to take strength training out of your routine: http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

i love jillian's workouts, i am doing her 90 day body revolution now and am loving it. the results are good and the workouts make you feel great- so keep with it!!!
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just started the Shred 4 days ago. I have found that I need more cardio than what is offered in the program, so I either walk the dog, or jog in place inside. Today I actually did an extra 20 minutes....
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Awesome goals and best of luck. The biggest piece of advice I can give you in regards to the Shred is please make sure you do EXTRA EXTRA stretching before and after. JM doesn't spend alot of time on it at the end and if you don't, you won't walk the next day....trust me!

I am in no way an expert but start lifting weights...remember that when you are finished your cardio your cal burns stops but in doing weights you are still burning long after you are done. Lift heavy and less reps. It makes a world of difference.

I'm sure you will get many different responses and you will have to find what works best for you.....!

Good luck, feel free to friend me if you like!
  • Katy122
    Katy122 Posts: 3
    Options
    The day after my first workout I was quite uncomfortable, especially on the tops of my thighs. I really do like her workouts though! Yes, like I said I do believe in image vs. weight.. last year I decided to push my self consciousness aside and wear the bikini. I realized then that people don't really care what I look like. Some complimented how I carry my weight, I'm big, but my stomach is relatively flat. The only problem is I have started to care. I'd rock the bathing suit season with a smile, but would be uncomfortable on the inside.
    I have taken pictures and have also wrote down measurements. I plan on doing a before/after post.
    And thanks for the tips with the weights, I never would have figured that!
    Thank you guys for your posts!