Yet another question about Polar HRM's

2»

Replies

• AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    I bought the Polar FT4(PINK ;)) a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! I got mine from bodytronics.com for $60! I only wear mine while exercising. It is awesome to see a more accurate calorie burn.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 201 Member
    The Polar M91 ti does. I'm not sure if it's new or what but it does. It's so another family member can use it too. And you are correct they are not made for all day use that point is taken but people have experiemented with it.
    The FT4 is cheaper and does the trick unless you want one that can record 2 people's workout separately

No Polar model can record two peoples workout's separately.. HRM's are made to be used by one person and one person only. You also should not wear them all day as they are not made for that.

To OP:
    Most popular models on here Polar FT4, FT7, FT40 and FT60.

I started out with an FT7 and now use an FT60.. both are wonderful models, and I've had no issues with them.

It really depends on what features you want it to have, as each model does different things.
    I didn't mean at the same time. There are models that allow you to put 2 people's info in so 2 people can use it seperately. There are people who have reported using theirs to track everyday movement for their curiosity but not an everyday thing.

Not sure what Polars you've heard of, but there are no models that allow you to put two peoples info in.

If two people wanted to use the same HRM, they would have to change the info each time because as I've stated previously, they are made for one person..not multiple.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    I have the pink FT4 also and I love it... it's like my new best friend, next to MFP ... hahaha. Also got it at bodytronics.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    FT4 - cheap, comfortable chest strap, and ridiculously easy to setup and use. Been using much pretty much daily for the past 3 months - but have owned it for a year. Got mine at Target, when they put their workout gear on sale - for 60$.

It's a game changer. PLUS - you can hide your wrist monitor in your pocket, or around your bra strap and no one need to know you are even wearing a HRM. Unlike that massive BB arm strap.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    I have an FT7..... It works for my needs. I still wear my Garmin for running, but the Polar is good for indoor cardio activities.
  • marcf2001
    marcf2001 Posts: 110
    I have a Polar RS400, but I used it only for workout.
    Wearing the chest strap is not as confortable as having a small FitBit hidden, but it is not the same use either.

main interest for me is checking heart rate to avoid going over my limits.

It cannot be used by 2 persons, but the assoicated software can receive inputs from several HRM and aggregate/compare results.
  • mfaine
    mfaine Posts: 84 Member
    FT80 and I love it but I don't care much for polarpersonaltrainer.com If you're considering an FT60 the FT80 is just a bit more but you don't have to buy the flowlink since it is included.

At first I thought I'd have trouble reading the display but now I actually like it.
  • DaringAdventure
    DaringAdventure Posts: 24 Member
    I have a Polar HRM FT1. I have had it for two years. It is great to have a HRM. I only wear mine while I am working out. MFP has already taken into consideration the amount of calories I burn just living. I also have aGarmin HRM. I actually prefer the Garmin over the Polar but we use the Polar for a work challenge. Either way you go it is worth it to have a HRM.