This is so awesome!!

Just thought I'd share :)

anyone participating or want to???

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/wdw-marathon/

Replies

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    DH and I are going. I am going to utilize the Jeff Galloway method of walk/run. DH has already done 3 half marathons, so nothing really new for him. Excited and scared to death!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    how exciting!!

I saw the link to the jeff galloway method on the website!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Well considering I did not get into the NYC marathon lottery drawing today..... this is probably the next best thing. My mother (age 64) wants to do the half. I will probably do the Goofy Challenge - half marathon on day 1 and then the full marathon on day 2.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    how crazy!! That is a lot of running!! But it would be such a cool experience running throughout the kingdoms!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    how crazy!! That is a lot of running!! But it would be such a cool experience running throughout the kingdoms!

Yeah - not to mention bragging rights and a very righteous medal!! ;)
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    my sister did it in january. loved it!
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i'm doing a 10 miler at disneyworld in september, so excited!!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Well considering I did not get into the NYC marathon lottery drawing today..... this is probably the next best thing. My mother (age 64) wants to do the half. I will probably do the Goofy Challenge - half marathon on day 1 and then the full marathon on day 2.

I didnt get into NY either. Boo!

I did the Walt disney world marathon in 2011 and it is awesome!!!!!!! So much fun! Only downside is that it starts at like 5am..
  • thorn777
    thorn777 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i'm doing the wine and dine in Nov. very super excited! :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'll be running the goofy! Half and full! Skipping the 5k. We'll also be running the tower of terror 10miler and Disneyland half in September. I love run Disney!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    i'm doing the wine and dine in Nov. very super excited! :)
    I ran the wine and dine last year. I had a blast. I now love night races!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Doing the Half at WDW in Jan! :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Oh, I want to do this... but don't think that a trip to the US is going to happen in the near future - it's pretty pricey to travel there from the other side of Australia.
    When we do get there though, my husband is on notice that I want to do one of these races!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Disney fan. It's my ultimate dream to do a half at Disneyland (World is too far and too expensive, for now - I gave up the Disney World visits over a year ago), but Run Disney hasn't reached Paris yet,
  • laurcampbell
    laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Yeah - not to mention bragging rights and a very righteous medal!! ;)

I ran the Goofy this past January - ridiculous amounts of fun and I'm pretty sure I wore my medal for the next three days, my husband finally had to tell me, it's enough haa
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely consider doing this. My dad lives in FL, so I could probably get him to do it with me.