horrified over bridal gown size charts :(

Options
2»

Replies

• jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    bridal sizes are small. I am a 12 in bridal and normally an 8. Dont let it bother you, as long as you look good size doesn't matter. Do 30 day shred or something to get toned arms/shoulders and you'll be fine.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I didn't even read all the responses because I want to say, don't let those charts get to you! Obviously you've been researching & know they are ridiculously small. It's all about how the dress makes you look & feel, not about the size. I've been a bridesmaid 6 times & I think every time I had to order a plus size dress even if I wasn't at the time, which sucks and they cost more. But it's going to be an amazing day for you, so ignore the size and find a great dress!
  • MyTime4Health
    Options
    I have spent years working in the bridal industry and I'm going to tell you what I tell all of my brides. Nobody sees the size of your dress while you are walking down the isle. What they will see is a beautiful bride. Focus on that! Bridal and any speciality sized clothing does run 1 to 2 sizes smaller thatn street size clothing.

Good luck, I am sure you will find the dress of your dreams!!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Have them bring you dresses until you find one that fits. Don't look at the size. When you get one you like, ask them to cut out the tag. Who cares what size it is? What matters is how you feel in that gorgeous dress. Please don't let that crazy size ruin your wonderful day.

You are absolutely gorgeous. You will look great in whatever gown you pick. Find one that is confortable and makes you feel like a princess.