weight loss and tattoos

Options
I am going for a tattoo in the next couple of weeks. I have always wanted one, I am concerned that as I lose weight, it will change and look funny... what has your experience been? I will be getting in between the shoulder blades or across the top of my back, not sure yet, I go friday for my consult. What has your experience been? have your tats changed? look saggy or crappy since weightloss?

Replies

• superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A rule of thumb is to get it in places where you do not lose or gain weight a lot.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have a large tree from the base of my hair line to between my shoulder blades. I got it when I was at my heaviest. It's perfectly fine 93pounds later. I sort of carried some fat back there too which thankfully I no longer do. I got another about 20 pounds ago on my collar bone. No issues. I'd only worry if you have access weight where you're wanting it
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    Stretch marks can mess up tattoos, but since you're not getting it on your stomach/breasts, you'll be fine there ...

My experience has been (I have 6 tattoos and have lost 60 pounds) that if you lose weight slowly enough (read: appropriately), the tattoos shrink with you. Evenly!!

I say go for it!