plasma donation

Options
Just curious if anyone else does this? I have done it in the past but not since I've been exercising and watching what I eat. As long as I stay well hydrated, there shouldn't be any concerns...right?

Replies

• doubleloop23
    Options
    my boyfriend used to do plasma donation and then his immune system got really low from it so he got really sick... sick enough to have to go to the emergency room ....and he hates doctors and hospitals so for him to go he must have been really sick from it
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I do blood and sometimes plasma since watching what I eat... its been fine. Just make sure you eat a few hours before you go. So make sure you have breakfast if its a morning appointment lunch if its a noonish thing or dinner if you are doing it in the evening. Also they like to see you have a snack there before you leave so I like to bring my own stuff since there stuff isn't really weight loss friendly. Damn nutterbutters!

Be sure to stock up on your iron if you are giving blood... otherwise drink LOTS of water that day so your veins are easy to find and you will feel much better during!

Hope this helps.
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've done this and I don't have problems other than my iron. But the iron has been a problem forever. I am NOT anemic just lower than the Red Cross likes to see. Keep donating! The donation people are good! Ask them!