Won my work weight loss challenge! (with in-progress pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look beautiful, fit and healthy!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Your waist is tiny!
  • emuhawk
    emuhawk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate all your support!

The biggest change I made was tracking everything I eat, and I mean *everything.* I definitely have days when I go over my calorie goal, but I track every last delicious, terrible bite of those days too. And then I feel so bad when I have to track all that indulgent food, I don't want to do it again for a while. I do my best to stay right around my goal each day, but I really focus on the weekly totals and make sure I'm not hugely over (or under) for the week. I've also started making a lot more food at home, WEIGHING out my portions (that is a big one) and bringing my lunches in to work rather than eating out every day like I had done for years. It's probably a lot healthier all around (not to mention cheaper), but I started doing it simply because I wanted to know exactly what was in the food I was eating so my tracking could be accurate. Now I eat out for lunch maybe 2-3 times a month at most. Really, it all boils down to being accurate and honest with myself about what I'm eating, and making sure I'm within my goal on a weekly basis.

For the first month I was healing from a stress fracture in my leg, so I didn't really exercise at all. Now I'm trying to get into a routine, and my next goal is to start seriously lifting weights. The gym membership should be a big help with that one!
  • jillybean
    jillybean Posts: 57
    Options
    Great job! Your hard work and dedication paid off! Thanks for sharing your sucess, now go enjoy that free gym membership! And kudos to your workplace for being health conscious:)
  • emuhawk
    emuhawk Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Someone once told me that you can lose weight over the course of a year but it takes your mind another year to lose weighty thoughts!

I love this! So true!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!