I QUIT!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Quit....NO NO NO!!! You can do this. It is not easy, but you can. You have so many people here to help you every step of the way. You need to eat. Listen to Banks.
    3oz lose is better than 0 oz. You are here because you want to lose 23 pounds, and I am here because I want to lose 100 pounds. We can do this. It takes time to figure out what works for you. Remember, you are building muscle too.
    Don't stop. Make some changes in your calories and keep it up. If it was easy, we would all be skinny. It is a change that takes time, and it is something that will become easier and easier in time.
    Patience, hard work, proper eatting, and the want with help you through this. As well as all of us.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    eat.. you must eat in order to loose weight!!!! You need to make sure you have the right base calorie amount based off of your height and goal weight and if you are exercising that much you definitely need to eat more calories.
  • Kernit
    Options
    I have a question. I go through sauna deals where I will be in for an hour to an hour and one half. Many times I have lost five to seven pounds of body weight and I understand that most of this is water loss. Is there any way one can calculate this as to how many calories are burned or are there any burned?
  • dfaragallah
    Options
    To me it sounds like you're not taking in enough calories to even sustain basic bodily functions if you are eating 1200 and burning off 1/3 - 1/2 of it!! You need to either be eating more or excercising less. Your body is trying to hold onto whatever it can right now. There is such a thing as not getting enough calories.

Good luck!
  • crispyjones2003
    Options
    133 is not terrible. But like everyone else is saying, you should bump up your intake to at least 1500, maybe a little more. Plus, you don't want to loose the fat too fast, other wise you might end up with saggy skin and thats worse then packing on a few extra pounds......in my opinion anyway. Nothing good life is easy....you can count on that.
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    Don't quit! Your body will not show the improvement until it knows that you are not going to quit. 1200 calories I agree is starving the body and it is shutting down the metabolism. For the one who asked about those of us eating more and have we lost weight.

I am eating 1600 calories and exercising 4-5 times a week. When I eat over the 1600 calories if I did not exercise that day you will find me infront of my dance dvd in the evening to burn off over the 1600 calories.

I am riding my bike hard 20-30 miles a week and I am in my 5th week of CONSISTENCY and I am finally showing signs of losing weight. For 3 weeks I stayed at a loss of 3-4 lbs. Frustrated as I was I was doing this for my health and a life style change. My BP is finally getting close to normal range instead of being extremely high. Jan 7 my bp was 160/108 today when I checked it I was 136/76. YIPPIE!!! But you know if I quit my BP will go back to where it was.

So please do this for a lifestyle change and keep your heart and other organs healthy.

It rained all day and now finally starting to clear at 5pm. I could be a couch potatoe but because I missed out on my 18 mile ride today I will go try to squeeze 5-10 miles before dark.

Hang in there!!!!

Stacy
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I have a question. I go through sauna deals where I will be in for an hour to an hour and one half. Many times I have lost five to seven pounds of body weight and I understand that most of this is water loss. Is there any way one can calculate this as to how many calories are burned or are there any burned?

I don't pretend to be a sauna expert. But I have a friend that is, and we were on a cruise together recently where we both went in. He explained to me that sauna's should be taken in 10 to 15 minute intervals. 1 to 1.5 hours seems awfully long.

Also, yeah, you are loosing mostly water weight there, you will burn up to 25% more calories in a sauna, but that won't account for anywhere near 5 to 7 lbs. not even close. you'd be lucky to burn off a fifth of a pound even in there for an hour. you really won't get thinner by overheating yourself. There are some downsides too, like dehydration, the body needs lots of water to run it's systems properly. Be sure if you are in there that long, to drink lot's and lot's of water.
    That being said, there are upsides, besides the increased caloric burn, you also sweat out lots of toxins. But even still, an hour seems awefully long.
  • PixieDust2828
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat! I'm 133 right now and actually I gained 3 lbs in the last couple days. It's sooo frustrating but you shouldn't give up cause it's gonna take some time. And it might just be your gaining muscle. Just give it another shot. :smile: