Alcohol options

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Drinking alcohol is like borrowing a little happiness from tomorrow. First it giveth then it taketh away.
    Stick with water.
    How so?

If you drink too much the next day you pay with a hang over. Thats the "taking away part." When you've driven the big porcelain bus, you'll understand.:laugh:
    Oh, so you're talking about drinking alcohol to excess.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Wondering what your experiences are with alcohol, I enjoy a Heinekin or Appleton Rum & Coke Zero most nights but wondering if there may be a better alternative.
    Cheers,
    T

Interesting read:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Alcohol tends to make my clothes fall off (which is why I only drink it around my husband. ) ;)
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love beer, but when I am trying to be good to the diet, I take a large glass, fill with margarita mixer (the lite kind, 10 calories per 4 ounces), and add a splash of tequila. Super low calorie, and I feel like I am indulging!

Yes! I have skinny margaritas. I buy from Archer Farms (Target) the singles that go into a bottle of water. I mix in a glass with tap water and one oz tequila. Crystal light also makes appletinis, mojitos, and some other flavor I forgot.

I also drink the diet beer mentioned above. Bud 55.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Vodka 7 press with a lime
    (ice, shot of vodka, cover it with water and hit it with a splash of 7up, garnish with a lime)
    no kidding, goes down smooth, does the trick and the water is always a good thing when theres booze involved.
    helps keep ur brain from getting too raisiny! lol
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options
    Alcohol tends to make my clothes fall off (which is why I only drink it around my husband. ) ;)

Yep! What she said!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Shots > beer -most shots are under 100 calories, beer can be almost 300!
  • SARAH7378
    SARAH7378 Posts: 11
    Options
    Vodka and Soda Water! That's my drink. :)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Drinking alcohol is like borrowing a little happiness from tomorrow. First it giveth then it taketh away.
    Stick with water.
    How so?

If you drink too much the next day you pay with a hang over. Thats the "taking away part." When you've driven the big porcelain bus, you'll understand.:laugh:

Not everyone gets hungover, or hungover that easily. Alcohol is perfectly enjoyable if you know your limit. And in a thread about calories, i'm pretty sure she wasn't talking about winning a game of flippy cup.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    shots! my preference being Jack Daniels
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I got on this site just to make a post asking for suggestions on low-cal drinks because I'm about to go out. I'm thinking a rum and diet coke. maybe I'll have some wine. lol.
  • mswhite60
    mswhite60 Posts: 35
    Options
    Alcohol is why I exercise.

Wine & Scotch & a good IPA are often my pals.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet or rum and diet for me! :)
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    coke zero actually tastes better to me than regular coke

coke and whiskey

or if you are feeling fancy get yourself a flavored liquer rum like Malibue Coconut and mix it with Coke Zero.... Its like 151 calories for 2 ounces
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    my preference is cannabis
    0 cals
    and no hangovers :)
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    *BUMP FOR LATER*
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am a red wine drinker mostly and I have a game I play, if I know I am going to go out and have a few I can only do it if I have the calories burned ahead of time. So I need to negate those cals b4 im allowed to have them. So far this is working perfectly and I don't feel deprived or guilty!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    my preference is cannabis
    0 cals
    and no hangovers :)

This gives me the munchies so that is no good........
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Me too! I hear that crystal light makes an Margharita mocktail now so I would love to blend some strawberries into that and try it. I haven't had a drink (well, I had a sip of lime beer once and it tasted good enough). I'm not really suppose to drink due to my medications. I'm not against it for those who can and are of age:drinker:
  • tiffanic83
    tiffanic83 Posts: 64
    Options
    Def red wine! Being in Oregon, I am spoiled with the amazing wine in this region. Although sometimes a fantastic dark beer is totally worth the extra walk around the block, or 2... or 3. I agree with the above postings that say have what you want in moderation, better than having something kinda icky and leaving you wanting something better.