confused??

aliciaroberts12
aliciaroberts12 Posts: 10
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
:huh: okay im a newbie and i was looking around the site. lovely site. but im confused about the BMR and my calorie in take. my BMR is 1,649 and my cal in take is supposed to be 1.480. but what is all this

Your Fitness Goals
Nutritional Goals Target
Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,480 calories/day
Carbs / Day 204 g
Fat / Day 49 g
Protein / Day 56 g

Fitness Goals Target
Calories Burned / Week 1,250 calories/week
Workouts / Week 6 workouts
Minutes / Workout 30 minutes
Your Diet Profile Target
Calories Burned
From Normal Daily Activity 2,230 calories/day
Net Calories Consumed*
Your Daily Goal 1,480 calories/day
Daily Calorie Deficit 750 calories
Projected Weight Loss 1.5 lbs/week
*Net calories consumed = total calories consumed - exercise calories burned

i hope somebody anybody will help me understand this.
i copy and past this from the goals area on my page

thank you

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    BANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone will be along no doubt to 'splain--
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    To LOSE weight your calorie intake should be less than you normally burn. To MAINTAIN weight you should use the BMR number.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    :huh: okay im a newbie and i was looking around the site. lovely site. but im confused about the BMR and my calorie in take. my BMR is 1,649 and my cal in take is supposed to be 1.480. but what is all this

Your Fitness Goals
    Nutritional Goals Target
    Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,480 calories/day
    Carbs / Day 204 g
    Fat / Day 49 g
    Protein / Day 56 g

Fitness Goals Target
    Calories Burned / Week 1,250 calories/week
    Workouts / Week 6 workouts
    Minutes / Workout 30 minutes
    Your Diet Profile Target
    Calories Burned
    From Normal Daily Activity 2,230 calories/day
    Net Calories Consumed*
    Your Daily Goal 1,480 calories/day
    Daily Calorie Deficit 750 calories
    Projected Weight Loss 1.5 lbs/week
    *Net calories consumed = total calories consumed - exercise calories burned

i hope somebody anybody will help me understand this.
    i copy and past this from the goals area on my page

thank you

Try looking under the help topics, and then also, under "all topics', then "general topics" at all the "newbie" info. I'm sure you'll understand a lot more after that. :smile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Basically, your BMR is the number of calories estimated that keeps you alive and active during your day. Some sites do just what you need to breathe, and no activities, and this site does that plus what other cals you need based on your activity level. That's BMR - to maintain your current weight.

MFP then calculates what you want to lose (.5 - 2 pounds per week) and takes the number of calories necessary OFF your daily requirement. So your end result for the day has a built in deficit and you should lose weight that way.

Now if you add in exercise, you need to eat those calories back, as you create too much of a deficit and can put your body into starvation mode, etc. At some point in your journey you may decide to not eat your exercise cals back, when you're close to your goal and have hit a bad plateau, but in the beginning, EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES BACK. It may feel like you're eating a lot, just measure portions so you're accurate. So then the number that matters is your net calories - the calories you ate MINUS the calories you worked off - and MFP adds them right back in for you so you can just look at one number and know what you need to eat.

So that's calories. You also need to consume a number of grams of fat, protein, carbs each day. So when you enter the food, you can keep track of how much fat you're eating, say, and be able to adjust your intake if you are going way over on fat. At first just focus on the total calories, making sure you eat all the protein you're supposed to, etc (because MFP sets it low) and you can adjust your diet as you learn more.
This discussion has been closed.