know any good protein bars?

Options

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Bump!

(I wish protein bars weren't so expensive!)
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I like Pure Protein- haven't found anything that can beat the price either in calories or in dollars per gram of protein. All of them have 20gm protein for about 200 calories, they are tasty and you can get them by the box from Walmart or Amazon for usually about $1 per bar.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Supreme Protein Original Caramel Nut Chocolate
    i'VE BEEN DOING THE SUPREME PROTEIN CARB CONSCIOUS COOKIES AND CREAM AND PB/PRETZEL..
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Most taste pretty good to start, but once you've had a few you start to notice the chemically taste... i think it's the sugar alcohols. They may be a good alternative to a chocolate bar craving, but arent actually very good for you. The only one I know wirh some decently simple ingredients are Zero Impact bars, they keep tasting good too. There are a lot of funny ingredients and artificial sweateners in protein bars that ren't really nutritious and you should not make them a daily part of your diet. Get protein shakes instead :-) they're just good ol whey.

That said, supreme protein, isoflex, power bars, and promax are the tastiest bars. Promax has sugar in it so they also keep tasting good :-) but they're essentially a filling candy bar.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Quest, ThinkThin, Pure Organic.

....All gluten-free due to my issues, but all delicious.
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like Pure Protein- haven't found anything that can beat the price either in calories or in dollars per gram of protein. All of them have 20gm protein for about 200 calories, they are tasty and you can get them by the box from Walmart or Amazon for usually about $1 per bar.

I just had one of these this morning as I had to get my son to baseball practice before I had a chance to eat after my workout. It is so yummy. I had a chocolate deluxe one.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Larabars are absolutely delicious. They are also vegan, gluten-free, organic and made of all raw ingredients. They use dates as a binding agent and oh my goodness are they delectable.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    Pure Protein bars. They are low in sugar and taste pretty good.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Luna bars rock! !! Also like the Nature Valley Protein bars!
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Lunabars are scrumdidlyumptious. I also like Larabars, but prefer making my own. Simple zone perfect bars are good too - the coconut one is yummy.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Washington I loved Zing bars. They a lot of protein but also a lot of sugar (that's wehy they are so good!) so I don't reccommend eating them except for immediatly after your workout.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    For a snack I like, well, Snackwell's protein bars. They are more of a regular granola bar, but quite tasty and Have 8g of protein.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Since I need to be gluten free I love the Nature Valley Peanut or almond They are 2 flavors that are gluten free. I also like the Lara
    and I am able to tolerate one flavor in the South Beach Protein line which is the peanut butter
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the sampler boxes of Quest Protein Bars. Love every flavor so far and they are really good as is or warmed in microwave for about 8 seconds. 20 grams of protein, 170 calories and they claim to be all natural and low sugar. Apple Pie has chunks of dehydrated apples and a cinnamon flavor. The Coconut Cashew is really good. Lemon pie warmed - yum. Cinnamon Roll....Almond Vanilla....Peanut Butter Supreme.

just checked out thier web site and they use Erythritol which is a sugar alcohol.. which on thier homepage they claim not to use any sugar alcohols & Sucralose which is a different name for aspertame. :( was excited to see a healthy bar, now not so much
  • hobbesgrrr
    hobbesgrrr Posts: 9
    Options
    I like the Nature Valley Protein bars.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Pure Protein bars. It's amazing that those bars taste so good when their protein powder is so awful.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I just ordered the sampler boxes of Quest Protein Bars. Love every flavor so far and they are really good as is or warmed in microwave for about 8 seconds. 20 grams of protein, 170 calories and they claim to be all natural and low sugar. Apple Pie has chunks of dehydrated apples and a cinnamon flavor. The Coconut Cashew is really good. Lemon pie warmed - yum. Cinnamon Roll....Almond Vanilla....Peanut Butter Supreme.

just checked out thier web site and they use Erythritol which is a sugar alcohol.. which on thier homepage they claim not to use any sugar alcohols & Sucralose which is a different name for aspertame. :( was excited to see a healthy bar, now not so much

Yes, I just checked it out. Some don't contain the Erythritol, but then they have Sucralose. The others contain Sucralose, but no sugar alcohols. Well, I give it a try with the original line.
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I agree with you!! I love these things!!