'Rolled out ' feet . Shoe suggestions, please

Options
I've never had a great pair of runners, it wasn't really necessary with my very low level of exercises but now I feel I need to purchase some half decent ones.
I've had trouble with aching feet , sore knees and pain across the top etc so went to one of those places where you get your feet checked by standing on the pads. It showed I roll out and they have only 4 pairs of shoes suitable. The prices started at $159.
I'm open for suggestions as to what might help me. I was told not to wear those instep supports which explains a lot of why I''ve had so many problems in the past while trying to help my problems with insoles.

Do I really have to pay so much for shoes? I only walk and use an elliptical at the moment.

edited for spelling!

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Do a little research into barefoot stuff. There's a significant number of people who feel all those fancy exercise shoes are actually causing foot problems. You might also want to check out feet exercises to build strength and help with the pain.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I looked up barefoot exercise, there's quite a lot.
    Really interesting. I tried using elliptical barefoot at first but it puts too much pressure on the toes with the angle.
    I jog barefoot in the lounge.
    Still looking for shoe ideas for outside though.
    Thanks
  • jaabee11
    Options
    bump
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are very neutral, which would explain why a shoe with medial support would give you trouble. You don't need to spend that much to get a pair of neutral shoes, just find a shoe that is comfortable and doesn't have a medial post or "stability" features built-in.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I underpronate and Saucony Kinvaras work for me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,632 Member
    Options
    Check out Vibrams. They have shoes for running, fitness, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Check out Vibrams. They have shoes for running, fitness, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I want to 2nd the motion for Vibrams.

I have a pair of Vibram KSO's and they are awesome. I have always had problems trying to find shoes which fit well and I can definitely tell the difference when I wear them versus any of my other shoes. In fact, I have recently gotten back into jogging and running again because of my Vibrams. I just could not run without hurting my legs when I wore other shoes. Vibrams are a lifesaver for me.

Try a pair and you will love them.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    if you dont want the goofy looking individual toes, new balance makes a 'minimus' line of shoes that might fit the bill.
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    I underpronate and Saucony Kinvaras work for me.

I LOVE my Saucony~

This site might help you...

http://www.essortment.com/choosing-right-shoes-exercise-running-walking-basketball-cross-trainer-shoes-48514.html
  • jaabee11
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone. I'll wrote all those suggestions down and check them out.
    Thank you.