how do you distribute your calories through the day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist and trainer told me that I should eat my workout calories. At one point I wasn't and was not losing anything. I'm now back to losing around a pound a week. I'm at 1200 calories a day plus whatever my workout calories are that day. I do around 300 for breakfast and I tend to eat a big lunch and something light for dinner. Good luck! :drinker:
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm trying to consume around 1200 calories a day. Breakfast 250-300. Lunch 300-400 Dinner- 300-350 Snacks: 200. I'm trying the whole, eat heavier earlier in the day because your metabolism is kicking *kitten* thing. However, I just incorporated eating breakfast into my fitness routine a few weeks ago, because I'm generally not hungry then and I'd felt like it was a waste of calories. Also, it kind of made me sick lol. But since I've been making time/forcing myself to eat breakfast, I don't feel the need to snack nearly as much. I try to make lunch my biggest meal of the day, because of the reasons I just gave for not liking breakfast all that much, and dinner(usually just protein and veggies) small because it's later in the day. I usually have my snacks after dinner and/or between lunch and dinner.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    2500-3000, and I usually eat after 4pm, and before 9pm. Weekends I eat when I want...but it usually is within an hour or two +/- those times.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I prefer breakfast to be my largest meal as I don't like to eat heavy in the evening closer to bed time. Plus I workout early in the day and it helps with my endurance. I eat between 1200-1400 depending on my exercise that day and I do 300 for B-L-D and inbetween meal snacks of 150-200. If its a heavy lifting today like today was heavy legs I'll eat closer to 400 for breakfast. I try not to eat anything after 7:30 pm if I'm not working that night.
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 calories a day too, but I do eat back most of my exercise calories (ususally 4 or 5 times a week, burning an average of 500 calories per workout). If I didn't, I might take somebody's arm off! I don't aim for particular numbers for my meals, but I've lately taken myself in hand on my snacking, trying to keep total for snacks under 600 calories a day.

When I don't have a workout to provide me with extra calories to eat, it is very hard for me to stay under calorie limit.

Good luck on your journey. Finding out how best to manage calories is a process. Keep working at it and you'll keep improving!!
  • purdieang
    purdieang Posts: 43
    Options
    thanks to you all for taking the time to reply
  • Mitchlou84
    Mitchlou84 Posts: 135
    Options
    I am on 1300 a day, but I eat my exercise cals, therefore I usually get about 1700-1800.

I will eat around

Breakfast 200-300
    Lunch 400-500
    Dinner 700-900

Whatever is left for snacks.

I eat light during the day, but workout in the evening just before my dinner, I like to know that I will eat a good dinner that makes me feel comfortably full. It works for me