Need advice . . .

Options
Hi, I'm going to an annual meeting for four days with lots of sitting and good food and little opportunity to excercise. Can anyone give me advice on how to deal with this or point me to a thread where it has already been discussed? Thanks:sad:

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    All I can say is eat plenty of salads and fruits over all the "other" stuff. Especially since like you said, you won't be able to get any exercise. Good luck! :smile:
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    fidget!
    bounce your legs while your sitting there eating, and doing other stationary things..
    it doesn't seem like a lot, but it can easily add up to a couple hundred cals a day or more :D
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Is the meeting in a hotel/convention centre? You may be able to use their gym. Or go for a good walk or run before or after the meeting.
  • weasleman42
    Options
    Pay attention to relative portion size and don't be afraid to leave food on your plate. For exercise, you could use the stairwell and walk the halls. Good luck!
  • tvfit
    tvfit Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    many hotels have guest arrangements with a local gym. Also, if you are a gym member, bring your card - a local gym may have a reciprocal arrangement.

I like the above stairwell & hall idea. Also perimeter of the hotel at dawn! Bring a pedometer and your ipod!

good luck!