Replies

• Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I got the moves like Jagger.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I can't google yet.. I don't have cream for my coffee :( which means no coffee.. which means i'm not exactly awake yet.

You can't google without coffee but you can figure out how to post a thread? :huh:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I learned about Stone by watching BBC America love Watching "You are What You Eat" Jillian cracks me up!!! She also has some great tips and tricks!!

Jillian McKieth is INSANE ! x :explode: lol x

^^ This, and she has an unhealthy obsession with other people's *kitten*. (And she used to claim a Mickey Mouse doctorate).

She is the unhealthiest health guru I have ever seen, looks tired, bad posture
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I learned about Stone by watching BBC America love Watching "You are What You Eat" Jillian cracks me up!!! She also has some great tips and tricks!!

Jillian McKieth is INSANE ! x :explode: lol x

^^ This, and she has an unhealthy obsession with other people's *kitten*. (And she used to claim a Mickey Mouse doctorate).

She is the unhealthiest health guru I have ever seen, looks tired, bad posture

"If you are what you eat then Gillian Michaels has eaten a shrew", Dara O'Briain.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    That's just another step up, doesn't invalidate the Feet and inches, Stones and pounds point.

Sure it does, it emphasizes my point.

In yards, the average man and an NBA player are the same basic height. In stones an obese person and a healthy person are in the same range.

Height in inches may be cumbersome, but it is descriptive :)
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    But when you describe your weight in stones, 145 lbs would be "10 stone, 5pounds". You would not round it to 10 stone.

Also, there have been 10 stones, Rolling Stones that is:

Members
    Mick Jagger
    Keith Richards
    Charlie Watts
    Ronnie Wood

Past members
    Brian Jones
    Ian Stewart
    Tony Chapman
    **** Taylor
    Bill Wyman
    Mick Taylor
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    That's just another step up, doesn't invalidate the Feet and inches, Stones and pounds point.

Sure it does, it emphasizes my point.

In yards, the average man and an NBA player are the same basic height. In stones an obese person and a healthy person are in the same range.

Height in inches may be cumbersome, but it is descriptive :)

There is no way an obese and a healthy weight person would be in the same stone range, and as the previous poster said, you say for instance, 8 stone 10 lbs, which is what I am. I wouldn't say I weighed 8 stone, because I don't, but the dealing with smaller numbers does make it easier to make a quick judgement on the weight involved. I know I should weigh between 8 and 10 stone. Those are easier and quicker numbers to deal with than 115 - 140 lbs or whatever.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was 10 stone even.
    Today I am 9 stone 13lbs. Happy happy.

See how much better this sounds than I was 140lbs, now I am 139lbs. Just doesn't sound as good.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Stones are always used here in the UK :)

They are but I've set my scales to pounds. So much easier to calculate loss when I'm bleary eyed in the morning!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    So let me get this straight......in the UK: 10 stone = 140 pounds = bar total for a crazy night at the pubs.....

We pay each time we buy a round rather than running a tab. I've never spent anything like that on a night out!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    "If you are what you eat then Gillian McKeith has eaten a shrew", Dara O'Briain.
    I concur... and having passed her while she was out jogging, I can honestly say she did not look at all healthy!!!

Methinks a bit too much do as I say, not do as I do! :huh:
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    UK went metric over 10 years ago ie g, kg , cm, m etc to comply with europe but we've been brought up with imperial (st, lbs, inches, feet)so old habits die hard so majority still use old measurement.

I was taught metric at school (80s) but then left and everyone was using imperial so got used to that.. I tend to use either one depending what its for.
  • sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    It just makes us Brits appear lighter. 14 stone sounds far better than 196lbs.

^^^^^ Love it!
  • jenmtd
    jenmtd Posts: 1
    Options
    Its pre metric weight, i.e. in Australia we used to use stones and pounds then changed to metric years ago. :flowerforyou: