Frustrated

Options
Hello everyone.
I've been doing myfitness pal for awhile now and it's great. I've lost about 15lbs since starting (finally lost that pesky freshman 15) but now I'm home from school for the summer and I find that it is harder to stay on track. I thought I did really good these last two weeks, I exercised hard every day, but two weeks later I am up a pound. I know it's not a huge deal, but its very frustrating. A word of encouragement would be really appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Aww! Hey, one pound? Don't sweat it. First of all, If you've been exercising a lot, it could be muscle. Secondly, your body can fluctuate, even up to 5 pounds, just from food and water weight, so it might be nothing to worry about it.

If it is, well, one pound= 3666calories.. not a lot, you can lose it in NO time :D

Just think of the 15 you already lost, and stay on track, you're doing GREAT :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Options
    also, if you've been working out a lot, as you say you have, you could be putting on muscle mass. one pound kinda makes me think it might be that
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I can imagine how frustrated you are! Sometimes it seems like we do all this work for nothing, but in the long run, it will all even out. Just do the best you can, stick with your plan, keep exercising, and try to make good choices. It's funny how we beat ourselves up over 1 pound, when really in the grand scheme of things it's nothing. You're back home and trying to get into the new flow of things, give yourself time, and I'm sure you'll get into the groove. :smile:

You're working out a lot, ya know that's gotta be doing some good stuff!
  • aherron06
    aherron06 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! That was my first post and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who gets frustrated at times! This site is awesome, and so are all of you!