Walked a Marathon Plus

Options
On Saturday night starting at 4:30 pm through 6:00am THIS Sunday morning, I walked a marathon plus 4 more miles. An accomplishment went I first started was not even a goal of mine. But at 3:30 am at 24 miles, I realized I was so closed and pushed for this final goal. I am totally happy. I will probably never be a runner although thought are in the back of my head to wog,but just to walk a marathon in A Cancer Relay for Life Walk - I AM SO THRILLED. Before March and before losing 34 pounds the only thought I would have had in these time span hours and 90 degree heat and humidity was to flop on couch in air conditioner and pig out on junk food. Thank you for enjoying this success with me.

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    thats amazing!
    congratulations on both your success and strength!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!!!! Congrats on a great accomplishment!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment-- so impressed!!!!!!!

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing it with us to encourage us all--

God bless you, Indy!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!:drinker: Just finished a 1/2 Marathon with my 12 yr old daughter and we're done...to bed we go.:yawn:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    that is just AMAZING! congrats on this and all your successes! :drinker:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! You should be so proud of your accomplishment. I did RELAY for 3 years--it is truly inspirational! Congrats!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    thank you all for your comments and sharing my success with me
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how and why you did that? That's amazing.
    I wanna do it too!
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Granny, thanks!!!

That really is awesome.

I'm pretty self motivated, but your story is some serious stuff to get anyone going. Congrats...
  • indianagranny
    Options
    The place where I work (Autozone Distribution Center) participates in the county's annual Walk for Relay for Life Cancer Drive. We raise money annually for the Cancer Drive, then on a day usually in June - starting around 4 to 6 am Sunday morning local merchants, organizations, etc get together and walk to show support and encouragement for people going through the battle of cancer. There are many things going on throughout the time slot and it is not required to walk straight through. I had no goal when I first started but when I was told I almost had a marathon, I knew no matter how I hurt, that is what I wanted. Then a girl I work with wanted 23 miles - so I stayed and helped her accomplish her goal. The track we walked was 1/2 mile around. How did I do it - Carried the names of a lot of people who suffer through this disease or have lost their lifes. People who can not walk it plus knowing that back in March before I started MFP I first of all would not have done it nor could I have done it. It was a personal accomplishment for me. One that shows me I can do it. I have set my mind into going on with things like this and pushing my strengths. I walk at my job 4 nights a week for approximately 9 hours so the walking comes a little easy for me.

You can do this also. - Just listen to your body and grow stronger every day. I hope this answers your questions. If not pm me and I will try to explain better.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! What a huge success
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • strongandfit
    strongandfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Good for you. You're awesome and an inspiration!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!