good books

Options
13»

Replies

• adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    There's a really great mystery series out there by Cleo Coyle called The Coffeehouse Mystery series.

The first book is "On What Grounds" and it goes on from there to "Through the Grinder," "Latte Trouble," etc. They're all coffee themed, obviously. In addition to being clever mysteries, the author actually owns a coffeehouse/bakery, so the books come with recipes for amazing drinks and treats. Not that great for those of us on MFP, but it's okay to indulge now and then. ;)

http://www.coffeehousemystery.com/about_coffeehouse_mystery_books.cfm
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    OK...has anyone read 50 Shades of Grey? I have never heard of this book until yesterday...then it seems like it is all that people are talking about. Is it worth the time to read?

Yes!!! Absolutely yes. I heard so much about it and am now on the 3rd one. I breezed through the first two.

Same here! I started the first one Sunday afternoon. It's now Thursday and I'm almost done the third one! Apparently they're talking to Chris Pine for the main character in the movie. :)
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I recently read a book called "Mudbound" which I saw on Yahoo. It was really good. And at the moment I am reading "Three Weeks to Say Goodbye". I am about 1/4 thru it and it is riveting.
  • taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    I didn't love the Hunger Games (I'm not usually a big fan of young adult novels)... I prefer science fiction or military history. Read Unbroken if you want a really emotional book. Neal Stephenson is one of my favorite authors (Cryptonomicon, Anathem are two of my favorite books of all time). I also really like A Prayer For Owen Meany, another one of my favorites...

My dad just sent me Unbroken! We always trade books. I think that's my next one.
  • larsmac83
    larsmac83 Posts: 24
    Options
    The Mortal Instruments books by Cassandra Clare are entertaining.

1. City of Bones
    2. City of Ashes
    3. City of Glass
    4. City of Fallen Angels
    5. City of Lost Souls (releases in May)
    6. ???

There's also the prequel series, called The Infernal Devices.

1. Clockwork Angel
    2. Clockwork Prince
    3. Clockwork Princess (September 2013)
    4. ???
    5. ???
    6. ???

I also have a ton of book reviews on my book blog, Roof Beam Reader. Feel free to browse through to find suggestions (and reasons why I liked/disliked certain books). www.roofbeamreader.net

These are all FANTASTIC books! I also highly recommend them. Waiting for them to all finish coming out. I burned through the first three a while back and was SO excited when she came out with more.

Also the Looking Glass Wars trilogy is great!