Daily Calories Required

Options
HI everyone, So MFP says i need to be eating 1200 calories a day to lose 1-2lbs a week. When I researched online for my height and weight every other site says for me to eat 1600. I dont know which one is more accurate. It is very hard to only eat 1200 due to jogging 3X week and doing strenght training other cardio machines 2x week. I feel very sluggish and hungry when I eat 1200. When I eat 1600 I feel good.

I want to lose weight so I need your suggestions on which calorie intake to stick with. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, So MFP says i need to be eating 1200 calories a day to lose 1-2lbs a week. When I researched online for my height and weight every other site says for me to eat 1600. I dont know which one is more accurate. It is very hard to only eat 1200 due to jogging 3X week and doing strenght training other cardio machines 2x week. I feel very sluggish and hungry when I eat 1200. When I eat 1600 I feel good.

I want to lose weight so I need your suggestions on which calorie intake to stick with. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!

MFP's allowance does not include exercise. It has set a defict to lose 1-2lb based on your sedentary expenditure. If yu exercise you are making that defict larger, so to get back to the defict you chose, MFP will tell you to eat those calories back.
    e.g. If you burn 400 calories in exercise, you would eat 1200 + 400 = 1600.

The other sites would have included exercise so you would just eat 1600 and not eat back your exercise calories.

Both methods will probably give you the same allowance, but in different ways.