How do I stop doing this?! I need advice!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If you're frustrated that you still have clothes that are too big for you and you won't be able to wear them again, think about taking them somewhere to get them altered. It's much cheaper than replacing them and you'll still get to enjoy them.

Good idea!
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    When I look in the mirror, I think I look good. Then I see a photo of myself and I think, who is that fat woman? I think I have a male mindset, lol! So to keep on track, I need to see pictures of myself, and stop looking in the mirror. :laugh: So, maybe you should get some pictures of yourself in cute outfits, looking your best, and hang them here and there to help adjust your perception of how you look. :love: Then go shopping. I like the idea of taking three sizes into the fitting room. Don't let your fear of things not fitting stop you from trying things on. Be fearless! The more you wear clothes that fit right and flatter you, the more you will like how you look. Don't be afraid to be proud of your new, cuter shape! :flowerforyou:
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! That's something to be proud of. We've all been there - my advice - give away the clothes that are too big. I wrote a blog post about the same thing a while back - called it 'Buh-Bye Fat Clothes Fall Back Plan'. I think when we hold onto our big clothes after losing weight, it gives us a fall-back plan - back in our mind, we know if we fail and gain weight again, we'll still have clothes that fit. It's kind of like an enabler, allowing you an out for failure. It makes it easier to fall back into old habits. You're doing great though - so proud of you!!!
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I kno how you feel I lost 40lbs last year in about 6 months was still over weight but "nothing" fit truth is I felt like I would gain again couldn't get rid of it. Sure enough I gained half of that lost weight back. This time around I am getting rid of it as soon as it doesn't fit right. I have clothes that's smaller then my current size so I have clothes that fit but don't have my big clothes haunting me.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    <
    Can you see the jeans I'm wearing in my picture? I've tried those on a million times and I have a note pinned to the pocket of what I weighed the last time I tried them on. I try them on every 3 pounds now. When I started the button and the hole were about 3 inches away from each other with NO hope of them getting closer.

Now....they fit!! Sure they're still a tad snug, but I could ware them if I wanted to, but I'd rather wait to see what 3 more pounds lost feels like first! Just try them on.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Maybe take a day window shopping, you don't even have to buy anything if money's an issue. But go out, try a whole bunch of clothes on, figure out what size you are now in shops and what looks good on you now. After a while you'll be grabbing those smaller clothes off the rails without even thinking about it :)

You've just made my day. I've been struggling with the same issue as the OP, constantly doubting my new smaller size, and I have very few clothes now. (Very little money too!)

I never thought of simply trying things on! :laugh: I've been having trouble finding things which suit my new shape, and have been so scared of things looking bad that I've been living out of the few smaller clothes I have for months!

Terrific idea - OP, how about you and I both go on a 'non-shopping' trip?

Aww that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside :) Enjoy your non-shopping trip!
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    <
    Can you see the jeans I'm wearing in my picture? I've tried those on a million times and I have a note pinned to the pocket of what I weighed the last time I tried them on. I try them on every 3 pounds now. When I started the button and the hole were about 3 inches away from each other with NO hope of them getting closer.

Now....they fit!! Sure they're still a tad snug, but I could ware them if I wanted to, but I'd rather wait to see what 3 more pounds lost feels like first! Just try them on.

i LOVE this idea!! maybe i'll do every 5lbs (i'm a tall one!) but to just set aside a weeknight or something every 5 lbs to try on clothes again... i'll be able to stay on top of how quickly my clothes somehow grow inside of that closet! :tongue: