Boob support for large breasted women who run

Options
Spring is here and I'm considering adding jogging to my exercise routine. The problem is that I am very large breasted and the girls just don't like to stay in place. Surely there must be other large breasted women who run/jog that have found ways to keep the breasts from giving them black eyes.

On a side note, I am not looking for volunteers to hold them down. :laugh: :tongue:

Replies

• Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yes Its rather distracting :wink:
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I invested in a sports bra frm 'Shock Absorber' - gotta love the name :laugh:
    Totally feel 'strapped'
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    Obviously I'm not a woman but a running buddy of mine has the same problem, check out..
    www.movingcomfort.eu

good luck with the running
  • Wysteriajo
    Options
    Title Nine Sports has a huge selection of sports bras for the well-endowed. Changed my life.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought a sports bra - moving comfort maia with under-wire - I am an 36E so I too have issues finding support. I got mine from amazon.
  • Rhami1
    Rhami1 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have no answers for you, but will be watching this thread...lets just say my girls are a "little" farther along in the alphabet than most... :ohwell:
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Some running stores also sell and fit sports bras.
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was actually just talking about this before Zumba class the other night with some other girls. I feel your pain. I'm doing 30DS and the jumping jacks and jump rope portions are killing me. I feel like I have to hold them down just to be able to jump around. It's not working for me!

I went into ****'s last weekend and tried on an Under Armor bra ($67!) for high intensity exercise but even that didn't work. I tried on a few other but either they were too tight and I couldn't get them on or they didn't provide enough stability. If I'm going to spend $60 on a sports bra, I better not be moving in it!

Don't really have much advice but I appreciate you posting the question and will certainly be following the thread to see if others offer any useful tips.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I run a lot and have varying degrees of jog bras. The ones that aren't as supportive, I augment with another bra. (I wish I could just go out and buy a bunch of them, but the good ones are really expensive. so I am slowly replacing the less supportive ones.)

I find the double bra method works just fine. Good luck!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I invested in a sports bra frm 'Shock Absorber' - gotta love the name :laugh:
    Totally feel 'strapped'

This - the high level Shock Absorber works perfectly on my F cups.
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    I have no answers for you, but will be watching this thread...lets just say my girls are a "little" farther along in the alphabet than most... :ohwell:

I can resemble that remark!
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Not sure how large you are talking, but I am rather top heavy (36DD currently) and was able to fit into a Tata tamer bra from lululemon. I love it and feel it was worth the investment! I don't know how large they go though.
  • vegilover73
    Options
    HIND sports bra changed my life!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Ah yes...I just wear an old bra with a sports bra over it or an old bra with a tank that has the "bra" built in. It seems to work pretty well. I still got that lil shake, but I'm ok with that. :blushing: good luck. I have been jogging and I use that term loosely...more jog than walk on most days and I LOVE IT!! :love:
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Spring is here and I'm considering adding jogging to my exercise routine. The problem is that I am very large breasted and the girls just don't like to stay in place. Surely there must be other large breasted women who run/jog that have found ways to keep the breasts from giving them black eyes.

On a side note, I am not looking for volunteers to hold them down. :laugh: :tongue:

Sorry, that was my only helpful idea. :sad: LOL!
  • amysuespears
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for all the info... I have the same problem.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't run but I purchased a bra from Title Nine, Donna Karan. Trust me your ladies won't go ANYWHERE in that thing. I'm large breasted and it holds like nobody's business and is super comfortable.
  • swhalen22
    Options
    I bought a moving comfort Juno bra. I got it off of amazon because some of the colors are cheaper on there than other places. It works really well for my D's. I've been thrilled with it.
  • brandipoo
    brandipoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wear two :(
  • london_running
    london_running Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thirding the Shock Absorbers. I did jumping jacks in the dressing room, and my boobs didn't move at all. Running Couch to 5k has been absolutely fantastic with it.