question about calories earned

Options
lets say you eat 1200 calories..
and burn 600 running.

myfitness pal says your goal is now 1800 calories instead of 1200.

if you eat all the calories you just burned off, isnt the exervcise wasted?

Replies

• ashleyjea1985
    Options
    lets say you eat 1200 calories..
    and burn 600 running.

myfitness pal says your goal is now 1800 calories instead of 1200.

if you eat all the calories you just burned off, isnt the exervcise wasted?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    No you need those calories. You ate 1200 and just burned 600 of those calorie burned now your body has only 600 and can't function properly. It's going into starvation mode. the 1200 calories it gives is the bare min to function and if your not even getting that then your not going to lose weight. Eat your 1200 even if you exercise and I bet you see results. Keep me posted and good luck.
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    No. The exercise helps your body have motivation to burn the food you eat.

In order to burn the fat you have to keep giving your body fuel (food). a net of 600 calories or so is not enough to keep the fat burning fires going. Try eating more food for a few weeks and see if the weight loss starts up again. I think you will be happy.

DON'T GET UPSET IF YOU ACTUALLY GAIN WEIGHT THE FIRST WEEK OR TWO after upping your calories. Right now Your body is in shock from not getting enough calories so it is holding on to every calorie it can and will store them as fat when you up the calories. After a week or two your body will relax and start burning the fat again.

You can also cut the amount of exercise down to 30 minutes and get the same result.

Good Luck this is a journey for us all and you have to experiment to find what is right for your body.