Need to lose lbs QUICK - next 10 days HELP!

pannellkat
pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So last Friday's weigh in for biggest loser at my job put me in the #1 spot. The person who has been in the top spot since the beginning is now at 4.89% body fat loss and I am at 4.94%, I am leading now but not by much. We have another 10 days to go before announcing the winner and I need to stay on top.

Please, any suggestions that can help me lose at least another 5-8 lbs in the next 10 days without doing something extremely ridiculous?? I've lost 10 lbs so far in the 4 weeks I have been on MFP but this is a competition and after competition is over, I can totally deal with half lb to 1 lb a week loss but we are talking about right now, next 10 days, need to lose it fast. What can I do without being an idiot?

I am open to fitness suggestions (I love the gym and sauna) and any nutrition suggestions. THANKS!

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    cut all junk and anything that could potentially mess with your metabolism. eat whole foods and drink lots of water, no pop stay away from bad sugars

i honestly find that eating as SOON if not 15 minutes after you get up really revs your metabolism. even if it is just a banana if you aren't ready to eat until later, itll put your body in check.

stay on track with the cals

cardio cardio cardio

(i am competitive..hope you win!!!)

oh! and no alcohol at all.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Hmmm...I'm sorry but there's no way to lose 5-8 lbs in that short amount of time without doing something unhealthy & drastic. I would just say to stay away from refined sugars, processed foods, and try and keep all your nutrients in check.

Best of luck!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    your body can drop 5 lbs healthily in 10 days....
    i lost 5 lbs my first week using mfp
    if you can gain that much, your body can drop that much with a little will power
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    People, myself included, can lose amazing amounts of weight in the first couple of weeks because it's primarily water weight. I know for me, the ability to drop big numbers wore away after about a couple of weeks. Keep in mind that one pound = 3,500 calories so hit the gym, lots of cardio. But ultimately, keep in mind, competition or not, that the best way to ensure long term weight loss is to take your time & learn to incorporate your new healthy ways in to your everyday routine.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    If you're looking to lose WEIGHT, and you aren't concerned with FAT, and you are okay with gaining that WEIGHT again after this period is over, you can eliminate carbohydrates from your diet and replace them with healthy fats and some extra protein. However, it takes a lot more planning and more attention to nutrient ratios and water intake, and you'll feel ill for a couple days while your body enters ketosis, which doesn't appear to be harmless for non-diabetics. You will lose a lot of weight in the form of water and glycogen, which is stored blood sugar. Once you reincorporate carbs, you'll gain the weight back, again in the form of water and glycogen. Keep in mind that this is not permanent fat loss and isn't actually productive, but you may win this competition.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    If you're looking to lose WEIGHT, and you aren't concerned with FAT, and you are okay with gaining that WEIGHT again after this period is over, you can eliminate carbohydrates from your diet and replace them with healthy fats and some extra protein. However, it takes a lot more planning and more attention to nutrient ratios and water intake, and you'll feel ill for a couple days while your body enters ketosis, which doesn't appear to be harmless for non-diabetics. You will lose a lot of weight in the form of water and glycogen, which is stored blood sugar. Once you reincorporate carbs, you'll gain the weight back, again in the form of water and glycogen. Keep in mind that this is not permanent fat loss and isn't actually productive, but you may win this competition.

Oh it is so nice to hear that songbyrd sing her sweet song!! Hiya sweety!!:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet

Oh it is so nice to hear that songbyrd sing her sweet song!! Hiya sweety!!:flowerforyou:

Hai! :smooched: I missed you guys! I finally had some free time after working in the lab and sprinting up some hills and cleaning my house and making food...whew. :yawn:
  • click
    click Posts: 36 Member
    lots of fiber (25 grams/day make sure you're getting it!) will help clear out anything you're retaining in your system without taking things you shouldn't.

TONS of water

take your normal excerscise time, split it in two and excerscise twice daily, adding 10 minutes to each session

don't cheat on your diet (avoid sugar, don't go over your calories, be smar tot eat only when you are REALLY hungry)

GL--we did a 6 week biggest loser in my office, i lost a little over 5% and this other chick lost less lbs than me and beat me by .19% :(

make sure to pee and not eat/drink before weigh in, but do drink plenty before bed so it all comes out in the AM.
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    I'm with Songbyrdsweet.... lean protien and low carb veggies for all your meals. Lots of water on days 1-8, but only 8 glasses or less on day 9, and no water until after being weighed on weigh in day. Don't eat anything on weigh in day either.

I would quite the fibre supplements on day 7 or 8 to give it a chance to fully leave you. You could go into the weigh in with some still "in you" and that could kill you.

Cardio, cardio, cardio. Avoid strength training at the end, as your muslces will retain fluid, and you will weigh heavier.

Seriously, low carb, lean protein, healthy fats to feel full, and you should be the winner!

Just like Songbyrdsweet said, it's not healthy, and all the weight will most likely come back, but you could stand to win!
    :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Are they doing weigh-ins or body fat tests? I noticed in your OP that you said you'd lost about 5% body fat. If you're going for body fat, cutting carbs won't help. It might make it a bit harder to measure because your muscles will feel soft and look flatter from the lack of glycogen.

Also, unless you're already eating that much fiber, don't bump it up all at once. That will leave you constipated. Up the water when you increase your fiber.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    If you're doing the loss by weight then do a few hours of tough cardio before weigh-in.
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    cut out processed food and salt so it does not make you retain water. eat lots of fruit and veggies and cut carbs. Good luck. Hope you win!
  • pannellkat
    Are they doing weigh-ins or body fat tests? I noticed in your OP that you said you'd lost about 5% body fat. If you're going for body fat, cutting carbs won't help. It might make it a bit harder to measure because your muscles will feel soft and look flatter from the lack of glycogen.

Also, unless you're already eating that much fiber, don't bump it up all at once. That will leave you constipated. Up the water when you increase your fiber.

We are weighing in on a digital scale and there is one person keeping track of body fat percentage lost based off our original weight vs. lbs lost so a person heavier than me to start with may only lose 5 lbs to my 10bs and still win. My fiber goal has been about 25 grams a day since I joined MFP about 4 weeks ago and it is definitely aiding in my weight loss. Lots of oatmeal and spinach.
  • Louiee
    Louiee Posts: 6
    Okay, so if you just need to qquickly shed weight and you're okay to get a bit back later...
    First, I know this is unhealthy, don't bother telling me that. It's not going to help you lose fat or weight in the long run but if the prize for this competition is worth it. Take some laxatives the day before.
    It will run you out (most people have several pounds of, well, crap just hanging around in their bowels) but don't get dehydrated and don't take too many.
    I know people are going to want to fir back to this one, but don't bother. It was just a suggestion. An unhealthy one at that.
    Good luck!
  • pannellkat
    I love all the great advice...thanks all!! More suggestions are welcome - I am totally open!
    Up my fiber intake, add more cardio, avoid sugars, alcohol, carbs as much as possible, avoid strength training and drink more water, lean protein( I already eat lots of fish - tuna, salmon and tilapia).

Only thing I don't understand is what "healthy fat" is??
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    First, congrats on moving to 1st place!

Cutting down on sodium can help (tends to retain water).

As for losing that much weight in 10 days... don't try! Stick with what you have been doing and see what your body does. If you're a fan of the show you know that stress can make your weight go UP (one of those hormones you need for caveman survival - cortesol, I think?). So if you TRY HARD it might backfire on you because your brain may tell your body SOMETHING BAD IS HAPPENING HOLD IN EVERYTHING! Result: you may loose little weight or even gain weight.

Relax! Stick to your program, or change it up just a bit, and see what happens. Contrary to our wishes we can't control every detail of our body. If we could I'd eat chocolate everyday and still be in perfect shape!
  • pannellkat
    Okay, so if you just need to qquickly shed weight and you're okay to get a bit back later...
    First, I know this is unhealthy, don't bother telling me that. It's not going to help you lose fat or weight in the long run but if the prize for this competition is worth it. Take some laxatives the day before.
    It will run you out (most people have several pounds of, well, crap just hanging around in their bowels) but don't get dehydrated and don't take too many.
    I know people are going to want to fir back to this one, but don't bother. It was just a suggestion. An unhealthy one at that.
    Good luck!

Lol, thanks! Girl I take a laxative tea about 3 times a week. Weigh in days are Fridays so I make sure that Thursday night is one of my laxative tea days and then Friday morning 5am at the gym for 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes sauna, by the time I get home...its time to "go". I feel all nice and empty and clean when I get to work for weigh in. Thanks again.
  • pannellkat
    First, congrats on moving to 1st place!

Cutting down on sodium can help (tends to retain water).

As for losing that much weight in 10 days... don't try! Stick with what you have been doing and see what your body does. If you're a fan of the show you know that stress can make your weight go UP (one of those hormones you need for caveman survival - cortesol, I think?). So if you TRY HARD it might backfire on you because your brain may tell your body SOMETHING BAD IS HAPPENING HOLD IN EVERYTHING! Result: you may loose little weight or even gain weight.

Relax! Stick to your program, or change it up just a bit, and see what happens. Contrary to our wishes we can't control every detail of our body. If we could I'd eat chocolate everyday and still be in perfect shape!

SO many good suggestions!! I don't know what to doooooooo lol.
This discussion has been closed.