heart rate..

Options
OK.. So recently I've taken notice to my hrm... usually I just eye the calories and what not.. but I've been playing around with sprint intervals and resting heart rate and max heart rate, etc.

this morning I drank my 6 ounces of coffee, put my sneaks on, and went for my run...

usually at the gym, with my trainer, and even my sprints on the treadmill, i get to 168-171 and drop...

i hit 181 this morning. and i stayed there for a while during my run... but yet, as soon as i stopped to walk a bit to lower the rate it dropped drastically..
and then of course i began my run again and it went up pretty quick..

I DO NOTICE that it takes a very long time for my heart rate to rise from minute one of my run though..

is this normal? what's ok? help please?!

thanks!

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what mine has always done with running. On runs, I average from 175-185 for moderate runs. For more exerting ones, I've gone up in the 190's for quite a while, and hit 210 at the end when I'm sprinting. I've been running for years pretty regularly, so it's not like I'm out of shape. My heart rate is apparently just higher than the average.

So long as you don't feel dizzy, faint, really fatigued to the point of nausea, or have other heart issues like arrhythmia, you're probably fine.