Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Challenge

Options
I just bought the popular Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and I'm excited about it. I've heard good things, so hopefully it will kick my butt (and hopefully tone it :D) Anyone want to do it with me?

Replies

• kandismarie
    kandismarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There's an entire group of people starting today :) I'm super new to this so I'm not sure where to tell you to look.... so not helpful!
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Haha my timing is awesome :P Thanks for letting me know. I can look for them.
  • awilde4
    awilde4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday!

I found it not as hard as her 6weeks to 6pack which I had to stop doing. I was SO sore!

Today my legs are certainly feeling the squats and my arms the push ups. Other than that though, it's a good overall feeling, like I got something done. I'm not afraid to to it again tonight anyway. I'm going to try to do the schedule people here talked about of 2 days shred, 1 cardio, 2 shred, 1 cardio 1 rest. Knowing me it will turn into 2 shred, 1 cardio, 2shred, 2 rest!! :laugh:
  • Slhuth
    Slhuth Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing this...today is day 10..i have done it straight thru...taking a day off tomorrow then starting level 2...great progress so far and was sore too for about 3 days after the first workout, but so worth it!!! keep up the good work and you will see results...I strongly recommend measuring yourself before and after because I saw no weight loss but lost 5" overall SO far...not even half way thru yet!!
  • austinsneeze
    Options
    I started yesterday!

I found it not as hard as her 6weeks to 6pack which I had to stop doing. I was SO sore!

Today my legs are certainly feeling the squats and my arms the push ups. Other than that though, it's a good overall feeling, like I got something done. I'm not afraid to to it again tonight anyway. I'm going to try to do the schedule people here talked about of 2 days shred, 1 cardio, 2 shred, 1 cardio 1 rest. Knowing me it will turn into 2 shred, 1 cardio, 2shred, 2 rest!! :laugh:

I haven't done any Jillian Michaels workouts yet, so I'm really excited!!! Are they 20 or 30 minutes long?
  • austinsneeze
    Options
    I am currently doing this...today is day 10..i have done it straight thru...taking a day off tomorrow then starting level 2...great progress so far and was sore too for about 3 days after the first workout, but so worth it!!! keep up the good work and you will see results...I strongly recommend measuring yourself before and after because I saw no weight loss but lost 5" overall SO far...not even half way thru yet!!

Congrats!! That's so awesome!!
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I just started on Monday! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I just started on Monday! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    I am on day 6! Add me!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I've been on about a 2 week hiatus (TOM and then a cold!). So, I'm going to be starting over (sort of) on Sunday I think. I'll probably do 4 days of level 1 and then jump into level 2. Hopefully I don't kill myself with that! LOL
  • aivsan
    aivsan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 Day Shred as well and wanted to know how to track it under the exercise journal as it is not in the database. Any advice?
  • skinnysoonsima
    skinnysoonsima Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My Day 1 was today haha.
  • SARAH7378
    SARAH7378 Posts: 11
    Options
    I just started Level 3!! It's such a good workout. Best of luck to you!
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is awesome! Mostly because you are doing different things almost every 30 seconds so you never get a chance to get bored. Also, from posts on here I have gathered that Jillian herself did not intend for it to be done every day for 30 days, but that you are supposed to rest a day or do something different because the program is hard on the knees. A lot of people on here have commented that they stopped because it gave them knee pain. Don't stop the program, just take a day off and rest those knees.
  • glennaparks
    glennaparks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this soon, as well! Good luck to all!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    have done it before and its great! starting again tonight!
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow night :)
    Add me!
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I have my dvd.. just looking for the perfect day to start haha xx
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3! :)