Ran my first 5K!

Options
songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
Hey all! I know I haven't been around much. I am still logging food/exercise but I am really busy now. I live alone now so after the 9-5 I have to make my own food and wash my own dishes and look after my own rats. :laugh: Along with training it takes up a lot of time. Anywho, last night I ran my first 5K race! I finished in about 32 min., and managed to sprint it out at the end and pull ahead of the girl in front of me, which was really exciting. I heard a lot of people commenting on my finish. :happy: Afterward I ate my first post-race 1/3 of a banana and got a free massage! Woohoo! I may also be joining the local roller derby team. It looks like a cool group of ladies and a great workout (practices are 2-2.5 hours 3X a week). I have been seeing Banks and AWTY posting a lot so it's nice to see some of the 'veterans' out there. :drinker:

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    congrats on the stellar finish!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Way to go, songbyrd! You are an inspiration!:flowerforyou:
    MM
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I definitely plan on doing another. I'm planning on doing the Army 10 Miler with my best friend and her BF next year. And more 5Ks!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    That's awesome. I ran my first 5k today as well. It was such an awesome experience. Finished in 27:13 and sprinted at the finish too. It was awesome and I am glad you were able to experience it today as well!
  • goldsparckles
    Options
    I ran the army 10 miler race last year. Definitely a fun race to do!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    So nice to see you on here again!! Congrats on the 5K! Great time!! Keep popping in when you can!
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Seriously, way to freakin go! Dude, I actually am training right now for my first 5K in a couple weeks! So excited, I love feeling such a sense of accomplishment! Thanks for sharing:)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Nice SB! Go you.

Now that my ankle has been drained and I have a cortisone shot in the ball of my foot ( I have a stress fracture of the Sesamoid bone, which sucks, but nothing can be done besides rest and recovery), I am starting to think about getting back out on the 5-10K circuit too. Good for you SBS! Nothing more satisfying then completing a race!

Side note: A massage? I'm running in the wrong races, I'd love to have a massage post race, although all the races around the northeast are packed with people, so I guess that would be tough, as it's hard to massage 2000 people at a time I guess. :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!