Do you weigh more at the end of the day???

Options
I peeked at the scale tonight (my weigh in is tomorrow) because I've done so great all week, and I was dying to see what I've lost, and tonight, after dinner, I was UP 4 lbs!?!?!?!? Could this be true????

Any advice? Anyone?

Do you weigh more at night? I mean A LOT more? Like 5-7 pounds more? Is that possible? I know I have food and fluid in me, but THAT much?

Thanks!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i'm too scared to look!:wink:
  • christahollis
    Options
    I always do.
    Always.
    By the end of the day, I'm usually up by four to seven pounds.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    usually 6-7 lbs heavier. water is heavy. i always check weight in the morning
  • goldsparckles
    Options
    I always weigh more at the end of the day. I always say something "magical" happens in my sleep because there is usually a 4 or 5lb difference in that 8 hour span.
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    Thank you ALL for responding! You've given me hope!

You may have just saved me from hurting my scale...
    :wink:
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When I was excersizing on the Wii I did it at night and weighted myself afterwards. It would always fluctuate everyday. Then I heard you should wiegh yourself in the morning because you've digested everything and I was down 5 pounds from the night before. That was a great weigh in and now I always weigh myself in the morning, just to keep it consistant.
  • timtscott
    timtscott Posts: 4
    Options
    same here I stopped looking fo a late night pre-view...when I do I am always disappointed...usually or 5 pounds higher at least
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Always weigh yourself at the same time every time you weigh in. I prefer mornings because I haven't eaten anything since bedtime. Also weigh yourself in the same clothing (birthday suit is lightest).

I lean toward weighing no more than once or twice a week because if you weigh yourself daily you'll catch those weird fluctuations that have nothing to do with long term weight loss. If you eat too much salt one day, or don't drink much water another day you'll see those day to day fluctuations. Once or twice a week gives good progress numbers without the obsessiveness.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I notice 5-7 lbs more too. And so I weigh in the am after my daily duty and before drinking or eating anything.

• 135gratitude
    Options
    Thanks again everyone for the great insights and for sharing your experiences.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I peeked at the scale tonight (my weigh in is tomorrow) because I've done so great all week, and I was dying to see what I've lost, and tonight, after dinner, I was UP 4 lbs!?!?!?!? Could this be true????

Any advice? Anyone?

Do you weigh more at night? I mean A LOT more? Like 5-7 pounds more? Is that possible? I know I have food and fluid in me, but THAT much?

Thanks!

Don't be too discouraged. 2 weeks ago I weighed in for biggest loser at 169 on a Friday, so the following Thursday (day before next weigh in) I wanted to just peek and see where I was at so I had an idea of what the next morning weigh in would be, I was at 171 and was devastated because I felt like I worked so hard over the weekend and that week. I had weighed myself at 5pm right when I got off work. Next morning for weigh in, I was at 167.5. Just check again in the morning and let us know what happens. Stay postive.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    naked in the morning always works best for me!:blushing:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    So I weighed in this morning, and yep, I'm UP 3 lbs. However, I have lost some serious inches this week! 1.5 " off my waist, and 3" off my hip!

Thanks for all the advice!
  • JillDavisWright
    JillDavisWright Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes always 4 - 6 pounds heavier at night.
  • leanleft
    leanleft Posts: 1
    Options
    Yea this has been my experience as well. Always weigh more at night- and in the morning much better. Wish I was a morning person!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Oh, I would not recommend weighing at night. All the food and drink from the day are in your system. It's very possible to be 5-10 lbs heavier at night. Lesson learned...don't weigh at night. :-)
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I always weigh in the morning just before hopping in the shower.
  • scubawolf1
    scubawolf1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes always a few lbs heavier in the evening. Dont forget to use the loo before you weigh yourself in the morning. It makes a difference......sometimes by 2 lb !!!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hells, yes! Of course you weigh more at the end of the day....think of all that food and sodium you take in.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Yes, obviously.

I weigh 3-10 pounds less upon waking usually.