Please could someone review my food diary

Options
Please could someone review my food diary and give me their thoughts on what I am eating? I am trying to lose half a stone. I weighed 8 stone 13 pounds when i started this and i dont appear to be losing that much..... is this due to the foods i am eating. Can anyone recommend foods that will help me lose weight but stay healthy? any feedback about what i'm eating or what i could/should be eating would really be appreciated.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sr4ca
    sr4ca Posts: 43
    Options
    I would say that as long as you are losing something each week, you are ok. just stick with it. The only advice I would give is that you go to your "settings" and set up a few more things to monitor, i.e. sugar, and maybe sodium. Sometimes you can be under your calories and still be getting too much sugar (that seems to be my problem). Good Luck.:drinker:
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    eat more!! I actually did not loose any weight until I upped my calories. 1200 is low for most people. You have to eat to lose! When I was at 1200 my body held on to everything and I lost nothing. Upped them and boom the pounds started falling off!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I was only eating 1200 calories when I started in Jan and was losing nothing, after reading posts on here about eat more to lose more I upped it to 1640 cal and have lost 21 lbs. You may need to up your calories and water intake. Also watch artificial sweetners and sodium. Good luck
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    2kg isn't bad at all! how long have you been working on it?
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    1600 calories - or at least eat your BMR. more protein
  • meldaisy82
    Options
    What foods can i eat for more Protein?
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    dairy products, quorn, lentils, tofu, beans, nuts, meat, eggs, but esp fish.
  • meldaisy82
    Options
    I know may sound silly but I worry about eating things like eggs and dairy as i always thought of these foods as fatty?
    How do i know how much of each thing i should be having a day? My BMR says i should be eating 1300 cals a day but the other section of this says for me to eat 1200? what should i do? I really want to get to a point were i am eating a healthy balanced diet but reduce my weight.
    I love fish so any yummy food recepies would be great.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I always eat eggs and tuna and I LOVE fresh steamed Basa fish fillets and salmon and low fat cottage cheese also has protein same with greek yoghurt and milk or protein shakes but you are better off eating your calories and macronutrients (fat protein and carbs) not drinking them. I also like having raw salmon and avocado sushi after a workout. I aim to eat 1800 calories of healthy food a day and im always satisfied and I dont feel guilty because I eat massive salads and tons of veggies and protein etc. You can look at my diary for food ideas. I was on 1200 calories and I hit a plateau. I was so moody and I was over exercising. Since I upped my calories I feel a lot better and i havent gotten to the stage where my weight drops again yet since I have only increased my calories for like a week but I feel like its so much better for my body and I can get all the nutrients I need!
  • NK203
    NK203 Posts: 35
    Options
    I recommend a lot more fresh fruits and veg and WATER! And, a few more calories. Good luck! You're doing great so far!
  • meldaisy82
    Options
    Thank you all xx
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i concur with the more protien and fat. but good fat, nuts and eggs are a great source! I wouldn't go eating a dozen eggs a day or anything, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a couple eggs for breakfast.

The only dairy i eat is yogurt, i avoid milk because it's got a lot of natural sugar (yogurt does to, but it's got added benefits that i find outweigh the sugar).

one tasty snack i like is 1/2 cup of plain 3% fat yogurt (don't bother with the non-fat, taking the fat out takes away 1/2 the benefits of eating it) with a splenda coffee sweetness/flavour pack. I love the french vanilla. It's pretty much impossible to find flavoured, full fat yogurt, unless it's full of extra sugar, this is a great balance :)
  • carly_pear
    carly_pear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing that a couple of days you only ate about 600-700 calories.....in my opinion, you should be eating at least 1200 a day.