Weight loss and exercise

Options
OK i have been doing this for three weeks, lost 5 lbs the first week (water weight I know) as I expected to do. I am primarily trying to get healthy and loose weight in the process. I have been eating completely healthy (mostly lean protein, raw fruits/veggies) I have been working out a minimum of 5 days a week on my elliptical for 40 minute sessions followed by at least 15 minutes of strength training. The first two weeks were hard because I was getting my cardio level up. My pulse has dropped to the 70's at rest! Goal 1 met!! It was running in the 90's! Anyway, I have noticed A LOT of muscle gain, which is good, that is what I wanted because I know that muscle burns more cals/fat and boost the metabolism. I can not help but to look at the scale for the first time since the first week and I have only lost a total of 3 lbs!! WHAT, up two lbs since the first week! I know that muscle weighs more than fat, so my question is...if I continue my current exercise regimen when should I start seeing numbers change on the scale?? I know my numbers have no choice but to start going down....but when?? I am feeling a little disappointed at my numbers so any help/advice would be great!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! If I were you I would focus more on how your clothes fit and how you feel, even if the scale isn't necessarily going down right away you should be able to tell in your clothes, don't worry though the numbers will start to go down, it just takes longer for some people. Good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • aimeebell
    aimeebell Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with Alicia. Go off of your clothes. Scale numbers change all the time depending on time of day, how much fluid you're retaining and on and on.