Heavy lifting question

Options
Do you think ChalEAN Extreme would be considered heavy lifting? I know that the weights used vary by what you can handle, etc. So if you really push yourself, would it be considered "heavy"?

Thanks

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Do you think ChalEAN Extreme would be considered heavy lifting? I know that the weights used vary by what you can handle, etc. So if you really push yourself, would it be considered "heavy"?

Thanks

I would say, no.

Neither would P90x, nor any of the other video based workout programs I know of. If you're using enough weight (assuming the exercises even come close to being real lifting workouts), you'll be falling behind in the workout.

Lifting heavy is generally considered to be working out with compound lifts (lifts that tie in multiple muscle groups). Whether you do this with a barbell, dumbbells, or other (even bodyweight can be considered lifting heavy, depending on your strength and ability to manipulate your leverage)...doesn't matter.
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've never done it myself, but just from a few minutes of research it looks like it's more of a cardio program with a little bit of resistance thrown in to make it harder.

So, no, it's not technically lifting heavy.