Meatballs with Polenta

kasarin
kasarin Posts: 82
I found this recipe and took a chance on it (I had never had Polenta before) WOW! It tastes WAYY better than 380cals

You'll Need:
8 oz ground sirloin
8 oz ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
Salt and black pepper
1 slice white bread, torn into small pieces and briefly soaked in milk
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 cup dried polenta, prepared according to the package instructions

How to Make It:
*Preheat the oven to 450F.

*Combine the sirloin, turkey, egg, parsley, Parmesan, fennel seeds, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl. Squeeze the excess milk from the bread and add to the bowl. Use your (impeccably clean!) hands to gently mix the ingredients together. Form meatballs the size of golf balls, about 1" in diameter, being careful not to overwork the meat. Place the meatballs in a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, until nicely browned all over.

*While the meatballs bake, heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and pepper flakes and cook for about 3 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes, plus salt and pepper to taste, and simmer while the meatballs finish cooking.

*Transfer the meatballs straight from the oven to the sauce. Cook for at least 10 minutes (but preferably 20 to 30 minutes), in the sauce. Serve the meatballs and sauce over soft polenta, topped with a bit of chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.

Makes 4 servings
Cost per serving: $2.99
380 calories
14 g fat (4.5 g saturated)
1,010 mg sodium

http://cookthis.menshealth.com/recipes/cook-meatballs-polenta is the recipe. I love this site been trying some other rhings and love them too (A1 Steak Burger for under 400cals :D)

Replies