Trip to Gatlinburg, TN

Options
2»

Replies

• still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Fannie Farkle's corn dogs are the best thing in the world!

My daughter loves the slide at OberGatlinburg (she's 6)

If you are outside kind of people there is tons to do but also lots of shopping, shows, museum-type attractions. Last year we took my daughter and my niece and nephews to WonderWorks and they loved it. Very interactive for the whole family.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    i use homeaway.com to book my trips and they have tons of cabins listed on there. i would definitely do a cabin instead of a hotel. the hotels are pretty much all worn down and gross, except for maybe the hilton in gatlinburg.
    We use homeaway.com as well. We stay at the same cabin every year...Lacey's Place. Super comfortable beds, in the mountains yet you don't feel like you're going to die driving to it, pet friendly if you have a dog you want to take. It's between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
    Going in August and can't wait!
  • angiemac42
    Options
    Gatlinburg Falls Resort has amazing cabins! I have stayed there twice and have not been disappointed either time. Views are gorgeous, service is great and cabins are very comfortable and relaxing with lots of things to keep the kiddies busy. Gatlinburg is one of my favourite vacation spots, it's beautiful. The aquarium is fantastic for kids and driving through Smoky Mountains National Park is really nice too. Lots of fun things to do in Pigeon Forge too which is only a couple of minutes away. Hope you have a great time! :happy:
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    My husband and I visit there often. There are lots of fun things for kids to do... and parents, too. We ALWAYS end up racing go-carts.. there is horseback riding which is nice, but maybe not for the kids. We like to stay at The Summit. It takes about 15 minutes to get down off of the mountain from there, but it overlooks the slopes of Ober Gatlinburg, which is beautiful at night. The Summit looks "homey"... very comfortable.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gatlinburg. We book our cabins through Cabin Fever Vacations - huge selection of cabins in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg & Sevierville, in neighborhoods or more secluded. You can go online or call them if you want assistance. They typically have specials going on, too. As for something to do, you are right at The Smoky Mountains National Park. Stop by the visitor center for a trail map; trails range from beginner to expert, 1 mile or less and up, depending upon what you want to do. There is an arts & crafts loop that is fun to drive if you are into little shops - their are leatherworkers, wood workers, a pottery place where you can watch them make the pottery, etc. Don't know how old your kids are but there is a zipline place about 15 minutes up Route 40 that was awesome. Wildwater Adventures, I believe. Have a great time!

Sorry - just reread your post - your kids are way too young for the zipline, so ignore that part. :smile: