Help! Need nutrition guidance!!

Options
I am 142 lbs. 5'0", female, 33yrs old. I have been doing insanity for almost five weeks now (will be starting month two on Monday). I got the insanity DVDs from someone else so I don't have all the paperwork that came with it. I am not losing much weight. I've lost 3 lbs so far in almost 5 weeks!! I don't seem to be losing inches either, even though I do see my stomach flatter and feel so much better. I am not counting my calories every day, but I eat approximately 1600 on a daily basis and I do my best to keep it clean. Like 1 cup of oatmeal in the morning with 1 cup of milk (2%), and sometimes I add two eggs to my breakfast. Then for a snack I will have a banana and some peanut butter. For lunch a bowl of soup and a turkey sandwich or a can of tuna with a tomato (chopped) and two serrano peppers and some lime juice to it (sometimes I have a few crackers too). then for snack is almonds and some fruit, (orange, pear, grapefruit... etc). I feel great and not lack of energy at all. for dinner, it's chicken or fish, grilled or baked, or a baked potato with tons of broccoli, very little cheese and very very little sour cream... or a bowl of vegetable soup (loaded with green beans, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, tomatoes) and some chicken... anyway, you get my drift. I normally don't eat after dinner, so it's a total of three meals plus two snacks = 5.
Am I not eating enough calories?

I do insanity 6 times a week, I run 2.5 - 3 miles three times a week (either run or elliptical), and I do a 30 minute workout three times a week in the afternoon right before my run (or after depending on space), to work my legs, my arms, etc (I alternate days for upper body and lower body and those three days I work my core).

can anyone guide me?

Replies

• healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Track everything you eat, every day. You will be shocked at how much you are actually putting into your body. Don't estimate portions - actually measure them until you have a really good grasp at what a portion size of that food looks like. Pay attention to fat/carbs/protein, not just calories.

After tracking diligently for a few weeks, you should have data to see whats going on, or if you need to add more/cut back.
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    I am certainly no expert, but it sounds like you aren't eating enough. Are you logging your exercise calories and eating them back? The days you do insanity and a run and a 30 minute workout seem like you would be burning a ton of calories!